verdis ?? or is it just me | Page 4 | FerrariChat

verdis ?? or is it just me

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jameson, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Thanks Tony H for saying Karl would pick up Invoice, but for what part is that, Is that for the Brakes,or the new wheel studs it needed,or the Spacers, or the scratched wheels, or the tyre it needs now to make a matching pair, or the repairs to the clutch slave cylinder????
    I wont even go into the 2 new radiators its had, or the list of things that need rectifying.
    await clarification on which ?????

2. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    I have recieved PM from someone who posted on here and they suggest that the posterTHE DON is an imposter.

Reasoning= 2 post since joining BOTH support VERDI Joined 10.10.04

THE DON s profile says they don,t currently own a Ferrari

The post say they do

Name KAM ring any bells

It,s proberly wrong in every sense

3. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Perhaps you need to phone Karl directly and work this out between you? Glad it seems to have reached an amicable outcome

4. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I had problems with my car after it had been to Karl for servicing. But we sorted them out and Karl was more than fair. It's only when things don't go right that you can really get a feeling for if someone is a good guy or not, and I think Karl IS one of the good guys.

Edited to say: The problems were with the car, not with Karl's work.

5. twotoomany

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    The Don says he!!!!! or she has dealt with Karl for two years. They state that they have owned a 308 QV and Karl serviced it.

Their quotes seem ODD " if I went anywhere elseto buy or have my car serviced I would not be able to sleep at night.He is the most honest man in the Ferrari car business I have dealt with"

IMPOSTER............WHO IS THE DON if i,m wrong i,ll eat my crash helmet

6. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Jameson,
    I am glad you have posted here what the problems were / are with your car. at least now we all know we are dealing with a genuine incident (irrespective of any blame being proved / misproved as it were re Verdis) I don't think anyone here is even going to attempt to intervene on that score.
    If only you had come out with this information on your first post IMHO all of the ensuing posts would have been constructive where possible and not critical (as were mine). We would have had the opportunity to post accurately as opposed to defensively.
    It truly pleases me to see so much effort by Tonyh in particular, to try and resolve this on your behalf. The onus is now for you and Karl to resolve the issues to each others mutual satisfaction. Only then can you get the true Ferrari thrill, instead of the nagging irritations you have so far suffered.
    Given that you have now revealed the true nature of your complaints,I for one offer my apologies for doubting you. I am also not responsible for any Pm's in case any one is wondering;)
    I look forward to hearing soon that all this is rectified and you get out and enjoy the car for what it is. A true work of art.
    regards
    Andy

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Couldn't have people on here thinking i was favouring Karl ;)

8. Robin Masters

Robin Masters Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    I bought a car from Verdis and had a few minor issues which they did sort for me. In my experience t6hey are a little less organised than some other dealers but with others they also charge you a lot more for what I call the 'la-de-da' (LDD) factor i.e popmpous ferrari attitude which you dont get with Verdi's. Having come from one of the LDD deal;ers where I had my previous car it took a little getting used to. Ferrari ownership brings certain expectations but one good thing with Verdi is that he is 'dferegulating' the tight monoply the other dealers have had for a long time.

Robin Masters

p.s I had the scratched wheel problem too, it was sorted FOC, i think the tyre garage they use lets itself down

9. KamX

KamX Karting

Nov 15, 2004
    Birmingham
    Full Name:
    Kam
    errrr....I am NOT 'The Don', and I do not know who this person is. If it is an imposter then its got nothing to do with me. For anyone who knows/met me you would know that I do need to 'deal' with Karl. If it is an imposter then I'm sure he will be found out.

10. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Jameson the way you have been treated by some on this Forum and it seems in Pm's is appalling,but I would like to give you and everyone else the view from myself who is in the motor trade.

You shouldn't have posted until after you had spoken to Karl Verdi.Alright he didn't reply after 3 calls but there could be many reasons for this.Everyone forgets things when they are busy,messages may not have been passed,a 101 things could have happened that you don't know about.Verdi's have a good reputation amongst Ferrari owners,which you know yourself from your research on here prior to buying your car from Verdi's.They didn't get a reputation like that by pi**ing people off.
    If after speaking to him,you told to pi** off,it's nothing to do with us,then you have the right to have a go here or anywhere else.

As soon has this thread started Verdi's should have contacted you to appease the situation(we all know that the dealers moniter Fchat).Tonyh has done a great job as a go between,but for me I think it's pretty poor that Verdi's haven't contacted you themselves and have left Tony to do this.
    Nice gesture by Verdi's to pick up your bill.

Remember every business has problems,makes mistakes,it's how you deal with them that sets you apart from all the rest.

I don't think this situation has been handled well by either party,but I will say that those who sent you pm's should be ashamed of themselves.

BTW I don't know either party and all of the above is just my opinion.

Steve

11. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Ok maybe i should have tried and tried more to contact Verdis, but how far do i go to do this??? If it was me, I would have contacted the problem maybe immediatly after this problem arose, but nothing, And now i get a PM (tonight) advising me Karl is expecting my call!!! come on! so its still up to me to do the running.. Please.
    One minute there is a message in this forum saying as a gesture he will pick up invoice, then i get a PM saying he is expecting my call, all this coming through a 3rd party!!!
    Maybe im the one wrong here, but if thats so Im sorry but would like to know how many of you out there would not act very similar????

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    This is the last time i try and do someone a favour. I get nothing out of this except grief.

13. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I'd be very grateful that somebody had intervened on my behalf and provided a positive way forward. I wouldn't then ruin the whole goodwill by continuing with the random sniping.

14. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Listen,

I bought a 115k car from a top Ferrari Dealer , I pushed that 115k car off of 3 Petrol forecourts due to 3 crap batteries that they fitted. I had to constantly call them to get the thing fixed, WHICH EVENTUALLY IT DID.

I then bought a 140k car from another top Dealership Day 3 the car rad split , I had to run around for that and now the Carbon fibre has gone manky white the underclam paintwork can be used to machine wood down on...theres always a story to be told..... and yes you do have to chase these people to get the end result.

Isnt that..........."JUST LIFE"?????

15. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

I thought the CS was looking a bit tacky last time i seen it. LOL

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you should of had some money in you pocket as petrol stations charge for fuel

17. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

LOL!! Yeah im using Grease as oppose to Zymol!!!! Its far cheaper you know??

18. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I bet you always have to fill up that twelve cyl petrol gussler

19. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    All the independent dealers read this site now... I dont think that was so much the case a year ago.... can anyone comment? I know on my first rideout about 14 months ago, there were people for KHPC there.

Id do exactly the same if I were in their situation ! :)

20. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It would seem that it is these days, no matter what you're buying. But I can very much understand the view point that it shouldn't be.

Though I also believe there is a very marked difference paying 6 figures for a new/nearly new car than paying, say, 30k-40k for a car that's pushing 20yrs old.

Compared to the attitude of Ferrari UK with respect to its products, I think the well respected indies are absolute angels! And Ferrari should be bloody thankful they're around.

Jameson - good luck in sorting this out. I'm sure if you choose to persevere you will get it sorted out.

(Will state again that negative PMs are not warranted on this stuff.)

21. jfk

jfk Karting

Jan 16, 2005
    Us British consumers seem to have a self-deprecating sense of guilt. Regardless of the relative margins charged by different sources, the existance of such margin implies an implicit minimum standard of service.

22. twotoomany

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    Kam x We met at the Silverstone track day.I was introduced to you by Karl and I believe you are a "cousin"

THE DON,s profile says his! full name is KAM .............My question was "does Kam ring a Bell , I could,nt remember where I had Heard the name Kam. I apoligise if I have embarrassed you that was not my intention.

I have stated that we all love Karl and his love for ferrari. I thought some misguided customer was trying trying to bolster VERDI,s popularity, which by the way is not necessary he always seems exceptionally busy .

It was suggested that the original poster was an "imposter" trying to rubbish VERDI,s reputation. To me THE DON,s post sticks out like a sore thumb.
    This in turn prompted me to look at THE DON,s profile and it just does,t stack up.

DAVID HIGGINS TWOTOOMANY

23. twotoomany

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    Jaz you seemed very concerned as to WHO Jameson was do you not have the same concerns as to who THE DON is 2 post since 04 both supporting Karl VERDI

24. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ
    David, I was just inquisitive as to who jameson was that’s all. Fchatters know me personally on here and I would not do such a thing that you state.

Jaz

25. twotoomany

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    Do what JAZ????????????

I remember you asking me if I had any affiliation to another dealer which seemed odd at the time.When I first posted on here I had two Ferraris for sale via a dealer.