3x8 steering wheel dimensions for Mondi swap | FerrariChat

3x8 steering wheel dimensions for Mondi swap

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by geekstreet, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geekstreet

geekstreet Karting

Feb 7, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cam
    I'm of the opinion that my Mondial needs a new steering wheel. The current one works fine, albeit looking pretty faded now that I've just Leatherique'd it, but it's just TOO BIG. I'm sure the 3x8's are a lot smaller.

Why are the Mondi wheels (3.4 't' excepted) so damned large and the rim so skinny??? I'm convinced it detracts a lot from the potential driving pleasure to be had.

Anyway, will a 3x8 one fit? What's the OD of a 328/308 wheel? What about the rim thickness? Are all the bolt fitments the same. What about horn?

Anyone done the swap?

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Cam
    I see by your profile you have a 3.2 which came with a standard Momo 6 screw steering wheel. Any standard 6 screw Momo will fit (I've tried 3 different Momo wheels myself: Monte Carlo, Cavallino and Prototipo).

The horn buttons are standard and interchangable.

The reason the stock wheel has a large diameter is to provide some leverage on very slow speed maneuvring for those a bit lower on upper body strength.

Any 308 Momo wheel will fit. While not exactly like a 328 wheel, the Momo Monte Carlo at 350mm is nearly a dead ringer and quite inexpensive - it looks period and feels great with a much beefier wheel to hoss that buck around with.

It's easy. Pick one you like and have fun.
    best
    rt