355 Tubi manifolds with heat shields | FerrariChat

355 Tubi manifolds with heat shields

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by k wright, Apr 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    They are listed on the sales site. Anybody get them yet? Comparisons to QV's work?

ken

Addendum:

Just called the US dealer and....these are all new parts. They will fit the stock exhaust system without modification.

Unavailable in the US until the Republic of California gives them a CARB exempt number, expected in about one month. It doesn't matter if you don't live in California or have an "off road car". They are in stock at the US dealer and the price he quoted was 5500.00.

ken

2. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    #2 mondial86, Apr 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    i have a set from quick silver and they are under a lifetime warranty
    all redone in stainless steel tubing./ the set is 3800.00 for the set.
    my eamil is [email protected] if interested

4. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Russell,

How do the headers that you have compare to the ones that QV sells? Are they rebuilt or all new?

Thanks,

ken

Also, Mondial 86, how did you get the set? I would have bought a set today but the vendor said that he wasn't going to sell any in the states until he obtained a carb exemption number.

5. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Just sent mine off to QV.....$2200-$2300 (depending on currency conversion) with about $200-$300 in shipping on my end....their price includes shipping back. From what I understand the QV repair has zero recalls.....local Fchatter just went through it on his car and is very happy with the results.

Don't think you can go wrong.....Phil (at QV) has been very good to work with so far and they claim they are busy still promising a 5-7 day turn around.

My 2cents.....only problem is Ferrari dealers cannot provide QV as a fix so you will need to do the work yourself or find and independent.

6. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    i am not sure about the qv, set.sounds like a good price though. These were redone at quick silver. I also have a quick silver exhaust avail. It is new,I just put one on my 355 and love it. Very high pitched sound. The cats and headers seem to go out on Almost every 355. What is with that..