Ducati Monster paint | FerrariChat

Ducati Monster paint

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by K27, May 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. K27

K27 Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Full Name:
    Lance
    Anyone know how the satin black is done on these, and could a good paint shop do this on a car?

2. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    At a guess I’d say that it was done with a loo brush. It is the bottom of the line finish for Ducati and if you look closely at say a Monster’s gas tank, well it sort of looks like black primer. Until I saw it in the flesh I thought it was really cool. One look at a bike parked on Robsen St. changed my mind in a hurry. Any fender shop could spray matt black of that quality on a car, during lunch break and for McDonald vouchers. Masking the windscreen might cost you a bit extra.

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    My m750 Dark had a matte black finish that couldn't be done by just any shop! It is a matte black with metal flake, they don't clear coat it which leaves it looking matte. It looks great and very mean!! Mix that with carbon fiber fenders/cans/seat cowl and you have one sweet looking bike!

4. K27

K27 Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Full Name:
    Lance
    #4 K27, May 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Just_some_dude

Just_some_dude Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    Yeah, any paint shop should be able to paint any color you want in a matte finish, not just black. You can also get a semi-gloss that has a little shine, go to a body shop and ask around.

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #6 L8Braker, May 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh yeah the finish was excellent(factory), but it wasn't clear coated so you could see the matte & metal flake a wild combo really.

Here is a better pic I just found on the net....don't know if I have any pics of mine left or not.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login