My New F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My New F430

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by drago1919, May 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    Thanks for sharing all those beautiful pics of your car. How about a nice shot of the full side of the car? BTW, did you buy a car that someone was flipping or were you one of the first ones on the wait list at the Auto Gallery? If you were the latter that gives me hope that someone who hasn't done any business with a dealership before, being your first Ferrari, can actually get one of the first F430s that come out. Thanks again.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Thanks for the pictures. Same color combo I would have chosen.

3. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks for sharing those images, Sanford. Welcome to the group.

I loved the first lot of exterior shots - looks a 'serious' car. More so than in other images I've seen.

Thanks too for highlighting some of the special interior features/designs.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with the car.

regards,
    Pete

4. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    would you give us a narrative on it drives.the feel the handling etc. thanks van

5. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    Stunning pictures of a beautiful F430! How many miles have you driven it, and how has the experience been? ENJOY!!!

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    GORGEOUS,CONGRAT'S. Did you get the F430 from the dealer or elsewhere?

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    So beautiful, congrats!

So, being your first Ferrari - How does one go about getting a 430? DO you have to pay a bit over sticker?

THanks in advance!

8. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Wow! What a way to start! Congrats on a stunning car!

9. drago1919

drago1919 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanford Brotman
    The car came with 90 miles on it, I've added about 150 more. I've been trying to be patient and not open it up completely until the 600 mile point; so my opinions are a somewhat limited right now. Here's what I can comment on so far:

F1 transmission: Simply unbelievable! It did take a little while to get used to, but after a couple hours I'm a believer. The shifting through the gears is rock solid, and very smooth. While it's not my pick for driving rush-hour traffic here in LA, in the canyons and around turns it performs very well. Dropping from 4th to 2nd is extremely quick and precise. That being said, in traffic at lower speeds, it's not at all ideal - the shifting from 1st to 2nd get's a little rough at low speed traffic, I personally solved this by easing up on the throttle between the shift to help smooth out the shift... But then again, why would anybody think of driving this thing in bumper to bumper traffic ).

Handling: The car is light, agile and extremely responsive. Having gone through Mullholland here (the canyons), the car first felt like it was too light (reminded me of my 300zx turbo when I was a kid) but that's not the case at all. It takes the hard turns extremely well; the fast shifting and great throttle response make the canyons a blast. At the end of the day, the car is light, but that's not a shortcoming. It's agile around tight turns and feels glued to the damn road.

Sound: There's a nice balance here. At lower RPM's the exhaust system keeps the car semi-quiet (unlike my 996 turbo w/ Europipe). At around 4000 RPM the exhaust seems to open up and there's a very unique throaty "growl" from the engine - it sounds phenomenal. At around 6000 RPM the engine starts to scream, sounds like an F1. I haven't taken it above 6000 yet, so that's all I know.

Attention Getter: Okay.. So I got the Ferrari and I knew it would turn some heads, yeah and red didn't help.. But, honestly, this car get's noticed a lot more than I thought it would. First day, in the middle of a busy road here in LA, a kid jumps out of his car and starts taking pictures. Yells out to me, "awesome car man, didn't even know the 430's were out yet!". Every single day so far, and my commute is only 5 miles, someone stops me and say's something nice about the car. It's a blast having something that's appreciated that much my others, but be prepared ).

Sanford

10. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    OMG, that thing is sweeeet!!! Mmmmm, that leather smells so good. More detail shots of the engine please. Put that camera in deep and start shooting.

-F

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    What a gorgeous car. Enjoy it!

12. Boots79

Boots79 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    VERY hot car!

13. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Congrats on your purchase. You have a made a bautiful choice for a first ferrari! Wishing you lots of fun with your new car.

14. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Very nice! Those are some of the best quality pics I have ever seen on FChat.

15. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The 430 is going to go down in auto-history as one of the best Ferraris. Great pics! I saw the 430 & 430 spider at the NY autoshow. Both looked great.

16. beckhammania23

Sep 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Benzo
    good question

and concrats with yor new car.

17. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Congrat, awesome car.

18. drago1919

drago1919 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanford Brotman
    The shots were taken with a Canon 1DS Mark II w/ a 50mm lens.

Sanford

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful car, but of course you already knew that. Great snap shots of it too. Keep us posted on how awesome the car is.

20. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Nice car to start with!!

21. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Enjoy and congratulations.

Forza,

Cavallini

22. 2JZMadison

2JZMadison Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Madison WI
    Full Name:
    Andrew L.
    I loved your car so much, I had to make a wallpaper...

[​IMG]

:D :)

23. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    i love the f430, and i'm so jealous. i bet taking through the canyons is a real blast, and it'll only get better after the 600 mile mark! Lucky dog!

24. Patman36

Patman36 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    My impression as well. What kind of camera are you using if I might ask?

Patrick :)

Edit: Saw your post, thanks!

25. F360CDC

F360CDC Rookie

Jul 8, 2004
    Coto de Caza, CA
    Full Name:
    George
    Very Nice! Your car looks great. Congratulations and thanks for posting the pictures.