FoSF and 430's | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FoSF and 430's

Discussion in '360/430' started by kozmo, Jun 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have heard the exact opposite. 6 speed is impossible to get, dealers get like 2 a year. If you want 430, you are getting F1.

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    forget about the 6 speed. my local dealer is only getting 4 total this year between the coupes and the spiders.

3. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    werd but if only 3 ppl want a 6 sp, then u can be the lucky 4th one real quick :D

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A contract with a deposit is binding. A letter saying you are on a list is not a contract.

Dave

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    don't do stick!

6. Flores00

Flores00 Guest

Jun 3, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Armando Ivan Flores
    Are the making a 430 Stradale, Ferrari at the end of production thay make changes to the models to sell more cars??

7. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    I agree with you it is frustrating this game with dealers and the cars. If I was your Dad I would find a dealer I liked and start a relationship with them and agree to be on their list. The time will go quickly and strange things happen like someone does not take their car when it arrives. And it turns out to be a color and have the right options for you and it gets offered to you.

In regards to the question by one of the people posting here, that if dealers had 15 to 20 on the lot would I still want one. Answer is yes. I buy sports cars I enjoy driving and have certain characteristics that appeal to me. How many the dealer has on the lot is not a concern to me.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

hey simon you still owe me the bet you lost remember this post

"DID YOU READ MY PREVIOUS MESSGAES HERE?

I am sorry I do not mean to get into a p_ssing match with you. By the way congrats on CS. Great car. All I ways trying to get you to see is that prices are subject to where you live. As well as all the other things like supply and demand.

To respond to your statement of my like of the Gallardo. You could not be further wrong. I actually do not like the Gallardo. I gave it a chance but for me it is not the car I would buy. Did you buy the spider from the dealer you bought the CS from? If that is the case you might get your F430 by May 05.

I am not the one p_ssed off. I thought you were with 5to1's statement. You completely misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am not by any stand point trying to tell you how you should feel. What I am saying and yes I read your posts all of them, is that your statement on price not mine is subjected to where we live. Also it seems too many Ferrari owners think they should make a profit on their car after they are finished with using it. My point is if that happens to happen for you then great, but don't go and buy one with that thought as your main reason. Ferraris are tremendous cars and are meant to be enjoyed (driven). Luca said back in the beginning of the 90's when he took over "he would build as many F40's as it took to make the price come down and for people to drive them". I happen to think he is right.

And as you said, "this is an open form" so I am also free to express my thoughts.

On your last piece. Yes, I accept your challenge. Your statement if you win "if you get your F430 before May 2005", so what do you want to bet? Dinner in the city? New Ferrari Puma driving shoes? And what do I win if I win?

Cheers,

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    P.S $1000 to donation of the winner.

10. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Did you get your car in the agreed time period?

Cheers,

11. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep he did.

12. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    When are the f430 spiders going into production and getting delivered to the usa?

13. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    already replied to you:
    its already on the streeet everywhere in USA.
    base list price 198xxx.

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    almost a month ahead of agreed time period. the $1000 will be for a good cause, it's not for me.

15. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California

I can only presume that most everyone wants a spider or F1 on their wait list so my wait will be shorter, I hope. I'm just going by what my salesman said.

16. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    So you got your F430 at the end of March, beginning of April.

I am very surprised.

What was your delivery date?

What charity am I sending the money to?

Cheers,

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    it came in on april 18th and you realy don't have to give any donation. i was just playing with you. but if you do pm me an i will give you all the detail. the charity i work with is a private school which has been strugling for the past few years.

18. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It is sort of a catch 22, if these cars were so easy to get (which anyone waiting wishes they were) you would loose the exclusivity of the car and also the abilty to drive for two years a easily get back what you paid for it. As far as the list goes I agree there is not really a list, most dealers already know which one of their customers want a car and by the time they get through those people (unless they really step up production) three years have gone by.

I started my relationship with my dealer like many here have, I bought a used car, and kept right on buying some used some new. I got to the point where the dealer would hint and ask are you interested in one of these. I am not interested in the 430, the 600 well that might be a different story. It may not sound fair to someone coming in the first time, it took me by surprise to but that is the way the game is played.