College/Profession thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

College/Profession thread

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LAfun2, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari_Challenge

Aug 9, 2004
    San Luis Obispo
    Full Name:
    MATT
    I'm gonna be a HS senior in sept. after that i want to go to Hancock college or Cal Poly then to Police Academy....hopefully things will turn out rite!

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Been a while, but Hancock's a C.C. heading somewhat towards Santa Maria, isn't it? If so, do you suppose you'll do 2 there, then wrap it up at SLO, ostensibly before Po-lice School?

Cayucos rules.

3. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    Finished H.S. at 16, and started my BA at Cal State. Ended up getting a job at Ralph.M.Parsons (at 18) was sent to work on a job site in Saudi Arabia (project business management) for 5 years (back in the late 70's). Completed my MS in Marketing at Templeton (Oxford Schools). Spent time with an aerospace company in Palmdale (they use to make the SR71 & F117 - and .... ) stayed with the project business management office. Some years ago I was recruited by Caltech to work at the Jet Propulsion Lab (in Pasadena) cost management office (i work for the lab's CFO) - hey it isn't rocket science, but pays the bills, and it's a fun "gig" if you can get it.

Oh!! continued education is strongly encouraged at our institute, and I'm working on my second masters through Penn State University's online education program, when complete (next year) - i'll start on my PhD.

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sorry Noah, I wanted to be that when I grow up first, you will have to wait in line :)

Im currently at Chapman University, a small private school in Orange, CA.
    At the moment Im majoring in International Business with a German emphasis, german language minor, and a music minor...

That should keep me busy for a while.

5. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    im still in grade school

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    General Business Graduate of Sam Houston State University (SHSU) come August. The school has ballooned with new-comers each semester I've been here. Under 10,000 3 years ago when I first transfered and now the school is already nearing 20K.

7. Ferrari_Challenge

Aug 9, 2004
    San Luis Obispo
    Full Name:
    MATT
    umm i think i am gonna study criminal justice, yes hancock is in Santa Maria, do u live near? i live in atascadero right now.

8. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Drew School, at 16, for HS, Golden Gate BBA, at 19, started law school at 19, got thrown out, got thrown out of the next law schoo, finally finished at a night law school 8 years later. Was 26 when admitted to practice law. Arthur Andersen & US Army inbetween.

Art

9. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Going to be a senior at Northwood University in Cedar Hill, Texas. I'll have my Bachelor's of Business Arts in Automotive Marketing/Management (dual major) next May. I have just completed my Associates degree in Entertainment & Sports Promotions.

I agree with one of the previous post-ers. Get a part-time job in the field that you're looking to get into. I've been working for a very good dealership here in the Dallas area for almost 2 years. They like me....and I could very easily have a career right out of the graduation gates.

Also, don't let your schooling get in the way of your education. Go on trips, go to seminars and conferences.....network and learn everything you can. You'll learn more from a practical setting (i.e. work) then you will from school. However, school is the foundation upon which you can build everything else.

Good luck to ya!!

10. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i changed schools 13 times, don't have any qualifications whatsoever

11. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Just finished freshman year at the University of Pennsylvania. Trying to graduate in two more years with my BA in Economics, minors in International Relations and Legal Studies and History. Hopefully, a year doing a masters at the London School of Economics right after that, and then a few more years down the road, an MBA (Stanford would be my top pick right now).

12. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Left Highschol at 15, went to SBCC
    From SBCC I've transferred to University California Santa Barbara
    Majoring in Business-Economics, Emphasis Accounting. ie, a bunch of economics courses, a bunch of accounting courses and I'm not sure why Business is on there.

I’m a ROTC cadet so my career is going to be the Military for at least 4-8 years. Here’s hoping Tuck likes my resume when I leave the Army.

13. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Finishing up my second year at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Majoring in Mechanical engineering. Fun so far.

14. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Go PENN!!
    Graduated DMD at U Penn, residency at USC.

15. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I also went to Penn State.

16. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    I thought the University of Pennsylvania and Pensylvania State University were two different schools

17. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    I am studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT.

I am also essentially a co-founder of a technology startup. I've learned far more from my work there than I have at school, at least so far...

18. Dwayne's World

Dwayne's World Karting

Nov 10, 2004
    Selinsgrove, PA
    Full Name:
    Dwayne Blew
    They are. I'm truly saddened that a fellow Penn Stater is confusing PSU with UP.

Penn State Alumni '03, BS in Computer Engineering.

19. rsrx

rsrx Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Alphonse
    Went to Northern Arizona University, in Flagstaff. Got a degree in Political Science with a minor in Sociology.

I am an insurance agent and am now attending law school.

As someone else said, do what you like to do and the money will follow.

20. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    two differnt schools. there is Upenn which is a private Ivy League school in Philadelphia, which is overrun with asians and jewish people. My sister likes it there for some reason, NOT FOR ME.

Penn State is in state college, pa and is the state school of Pennsylvania.

21. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i dont like penn, my sister goes there and its just not for me. Maybe wharton for Grad school, depends what kind of job i get when i get out of college

22. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    -maybe that's why UPenn is considered to be such a good school. ranks higher than villanova, in many respects. just out of curiosity, is it an issue that the school is "overrun" with asians and jewish people? it could be that they were the most qualified applicants.

23. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    what university did you attend, major, masters/undergrad/phd?
    - Economics, Claremont McKenna College (www.mckenna.edu)

what do you do for a living now?
    - Private Equity Investment

what you do for a living today, is it related to your college education at all?
    - Yes!

was your ferrari financed? did you save and purchase it outright?
    - No Ferrari yet.... but hopefully something soon...

your age?

Patrick

24. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Economics, Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA (www.mckenna.edu) - one of the five undergrad and two grad "Claremont Colleges", which includes, Pomona College, Claremont McKenna College, Scripps College, Harvey Mudd College, Pitzer College, Claremont Grad. University, Keck Institute.

25. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I have just always wanted to go to Villanova since i was little, i was just poking fun at the school, most people who live around the school like myself, also poke fun at the "quakers" Its charateristic of them to overthink alot of things, i have nothing against the great instituion but i just dont want to go there because im trying to stick to catholic schools, mainly jesuit, because i go to a Jesuit HS and could possibly get the most scholarship money. Villanova is the only non-jesuit college that im looking at. I could get into Penn if i really wanted to, but i dont think i would be happy there.