Any Paint Baller's out there? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Paint Baller's out there?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PeterS, Jun 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    We go to a course. It is usually myself and 3-4 other friends who play and either join a team there or run 5 on 5 games with another group of people. We all have familys and/or odd jobs that require alot of work on weekends, so time to play is few and far between. IMHO, the best part of paintballing is getting there. Flying down the country backroads is a real treat.

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I played for a few years from 1999-2002ish but haven't played recently. Always played this nice wood course on some guy's undeveloped private property that has a 'feel free to play, just try not to hit the neighbors' and this tiny speedball course set up in the middle of a larger wood course. Nothing inflatable, just a lot of ram-shack 'does a hobo live here' bunkers on a piece of private property. Probably pick it up again over the summer with some of the ROTC guys. I still have my twp guns and 3 or so 12 oz tanks.

Always wanted an Angel.

3. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    Used to play in amateur class tourneys at SC Village, Fields of Honor and Indoor City in So Cal. I started in the late '80s and our team imploded in the mid 90s. My first gun was a Sheridan PGP which I still have, then a VM-68 which was stolen. The VM was followed by a tricked out MiniCocker which I still have and maintain every so often. I also have a Carter Machine Buzzard/Desert Duck hybrid. I must have over a dozen CO2 tanks from 3.5 oz to 20oz. They are all out of hydro by now so it's time to go to nitrogen or compressed air AFAIC.

The time and money I wasted was incredible, but then so are the memories and the friends I made.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes it is a rush. I have 2 Spiders and a Autococker. Let's get a game together???

5. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I play, I have a 98 custom right now. Ill go higher end later. Its a fun game, we have a world war I trench feild near my house. When it rains, the trenchs have mud that comes up to your waist.

6. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Actually... putting paintballs in a cooler makes the shells more brittle.

The reason we do that is to avoid having "bounces"... which don't count obviously as the refs can't see that the person was hit unless the ball breaks.

Try it some time... leave a few paintballs out in the sun, put a few in the fridge and see which are easier to break.

7. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sounds extreme...

But if you think that's bad, you should have seen me and my friends playing in t-shirts. We'd play a game at the end of the day where it's every man for himself and the only way to be out is to run out of air or run out of paint... and people can still fire on you while you're running off the field.

Playing connect the dots on the biggest loser was always good for a laugh :D

8. NY Joe 360

NY Joe 360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Freezing paintballs has got to be one of the most retarded and dangerous things I've ever heard. If anyone played with *frozen* (not just cooler cold) paintballs in a game with me, I'll leave it to your imagination what I'd do to them.

The goggles are NOT rated to protect against something hard like a frozen paintball. It WILL break/crack/shatter your eye protection.

No sense in losing your eyesight to some jackass.

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Andrew,

My buds and I used to do the field thing but as mentioned here already the regulars who zip up their guns after the chrony and go to Jr high with the refs is just plain annoying. Not only is their child like behavior ( well they are kids that work there, ) tough but their play is just stupid. I hit one of these kids decked out in flashy colors and carrying a $1300 Angel gun with a dead center as he ran straight up the middle and open of a speed ball match. Still running, he wipes it off and returns crazy FPS and automatic fire to anyone, ( keep in mind auto is not allowed. ) Here I am with my delimited pump gun taking out the spoiled brats and usually only get kills when I hit the mask so they can't see. In that particular play, I called paintcheck and the ref whom he was talking about math about 5 minutes before claims my shot was splatter. WTF? The kid I shot even took out a rag during the match.
    I go to fields now only when invited to coperate events and when its closed and against people I know. I simply stick to woods now on private property and we have a good honor system where no person really cheats and the arms and teams are always evenly matched. If not, we switch up so they are. Playing with former military school, JROTC, ROTC, and active Reserve is a lot different, in all positive ways, than at any field.

RocketBoy

10. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Chicago fields have gone downhill in a big way...

Ever since paintball became "popular" (2 or 3 years ago I guess), all the morons ruined it.