Question 355 spider owners | FerrariChat

Question 355 spider owners

Discussion in '348/355' started by Gershwin, Jun 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Just took delivery on spider w/ top down and cover attached. I'm not sure why the seller did this....I'm attempting to put top up and take the cover off top and find the fasteners a bit difficult to pop off. Is there a trick to this? I don't want to force it and have one bust.

Thanks bunches!!

Stephen

2. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The fasteners are a compression nut (for lack of a better description). Pull out the center part of the nut before removing it entirely. This should make removal much easier. Tim

3. mcmurb

mcmurb Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bart McMurry
    Nice color. The snaps are not like a pair of jeans. They are actually two parts that lift up to release the "fingers" that hold the male part of the snap to the top. I reach my fingers around the base of the snap on the outside of the cover and pull up evenly to release the snaps. When I took delivery of mine, several of the "fingers" within the snap were crushed in by the previous owner who was forcing the snaps on. A pair of needle nose pliers was able to strighten them back out.

BTW, I graduated from Ballard HS back when Hunting Creek in Prospect was the limit of civilization. I understand now that Oldham county is now developed. It was just horse farm when I was there.

4. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    thanks got it!!!!!