Reminder just how fab Strads are... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Reminder just how fab Strads are...

Discussion in '360/430' started by watt, Jun 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    i'll to collect the hi res from that day and email them to jack... i cant post them, so i shrink them... and send me your email

2. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
  3. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    bobafett - haha yeah, that's my dad's rasied up tahoe. i visit pretty frequently, probably twice a week now that it's summer.

i'll post pics of the CS once i find new batteries for my camera.

4. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    oh btw, if there's anyone in the bay area who ever needs a passenger in their CS or anything else, i'd be more than happy to come along.

5. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #30 erdero, Jun 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Flaca Productions

Dec 5, 2004
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    Brian Young
    that radar appendage is HORRIBLE out there. ugh.
    a fat lot of good a radar detector placed that low is going to do as well.
    it may be a bit pedestrian, but i'd rather hang a V1 on the inside of the windshield.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Stunt Road.

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
  9. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I thought the Stradale engine bay and rear deck vents were covered with carbon fiber. Was that an option?

I am thinking of getting my Spider with that option but have no idea how it would look. Pictures anyone?

10. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #35 Jack(LA), Jun 12, 2005
    It was an amazing stereo install, not that I would want that for my CS -- no radio is the way to go, imho. :)

Here are some pics of the final product, as well as some scary shots of the work in progress. ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    They should turn the stereo into a LCD lap timer with GPS and a map of the track.

12. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    wow awesome pics. yeah, it is scary to see the work in progress, but i'll be dammed if the final product doesnt look dandy.

13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    standard. not covered but made of CF. pic on first page.

dont forget to order the CF brakes too, and the racing seats. we notice these things..

14. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Watt have you forgotten I am the quiessential poseur? Race seats and Carbon brakes are for wannabes. :D

15. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    So why doesnt the blue CS have a stripe? Custom Paint?

16. Chocaine

Chocaine Rookie

May 1, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    stripe is optional

17. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Thats a nice looking install. I'm glad I didn't go in to look at my CS all torn up when I had my system installed. By the way Benchmark Motors in Bellevue, WA did an amazing job. I'll post pics when I get home.

18. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    that's a fabulous looking car you have there. what did you do to it? cant wait to see pics

19. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Thanks Eric.......well the CS originally came with the HIFI delete from Ferrari. I had to have music, and had a previous CS with the factory HIFI in it. SUCKS! would be an understatement for that overpriced pos! What a joke. It was pretty much unusable due to the poor quality head unit, speakers and just plain skipping over every tiny bump............even when there was no bump......lol.

Benchmark Motors put in a Nakamichi head unit with JBL speakers and subs. I told them I wanted something classy and nondescript so as not to take away from the barreness of the CS interior. Well as you can see from the pics I think they did an amazing job of integrating the whole system into the interior without taking it over. Everything encased in leather and out of the way. Nothing to think it was an aftermarket job. And the most amazing peice is the aluminum plate covering the 500 watt amp.............especially with the custom Challenge Stradale script across the top of it.

And the sound is simply incredible. I mean I love the scream of the engine at full throttle..............just not all the time.

20. AzN-TriNi

AzN-TriNi Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2004
    wow, that actually looks pretty clean. nice work u got done there!

21. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Kuzi,

That looks GREAT, they did an amazing job!

Where did you get your "chrome dead pedal for the CS?

22. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    VW, you have a PM

23. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    with all of the praise that has been given to this car, and the glorious music that it makes, perhaps the factory should have named it the Ferrari Challenge Stradivarius.

24. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    #50 ChalStrad, Jun 14, 2005
    Love it!!! As a matter of fact, I traded my Rosso Corsa CS (aug 03) CS in last week for a metallic black sept 04 car as my original car had 16 000 kms on it of which 11000 were track so an equivalent of 60 000 kms in road terms. I had a small modification done on the new car: the button that locks the doors on the centre console has been replaced with one that says: "S.C." which stands for ....Sound Control. When you press it it opens the exhaust clappets PERMANENTLY and ohmigod.........The "pop" that you get when changing gear above 6000 rpm in normal mode is now INCREDIBLE!!!

The car is striped red/white and blue like the older one. My first non red F car in 19 years, but a real show stopper. Will post pics shortly. Meantime, here is a pic from recent Mas du Clos outing with lots of CSs and one from "Sport et Collection" 200 Ferraris against Cancer the w/end before last!!!!