Ban Michelin from F1! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ban Michelin from F1!

Discussion in 'F1' started by FerrariFrank1, Jun 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

Needless to say i am quite pissed right now considering how many high profile people attend this race it would no shock me if a class action lawsuit is filed against Michelin, IMS, and Formula 1 holdings over this deal.

2. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Perhaps, but I don't think any entity broke any rule. What grounds would they have? Not being entertained?

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    This is the US they file lawsuites for anything these days. i am not a legal expert by any means but i have seen much less lawsuits being filed so anything can happen.

4. nino

nino Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    Germany, Schwetzinge
    Full Name:
    Nino
    #29 nino, Jun 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Yes, along with his ****** cronie, Ernie Schmecklebone

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Fine the bastard, don't ban them!

7. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The teams are definitely in fault here as well... They chose to take the gamble of trying to change the setup of the track penalizing the teams that came prepared by adding a chicane, but the FIA did not budge... What they should have done is set up the cars more conservatively, ie. less downforce, different wing set up, making them less competitive, but safer for the drivers, putting less stress on the tires...

8. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    its funny that people say ban michelin and what not, but they chose not to run due to safety issues, bridestone has had similar tire problems, just not on a part where the cars are going almost 200mph around a banked corner, so i think the damage to thier teams in points should be punishment enough...

9. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I agree. Any talk of banning is just idiotic.

10. SFerrari

SFerrari Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    MG
    That's the rule, for any leaders or dominating companies, to be criticized. So let's accept with pleasure and honor the vomit....

Michelin was responsible and honest enought to warn teams about security aspect (after the accident of Ralf and team mate during qualifying session), beacause they didn't find the reason/explaination yet. It's a brave decision, with maybe more consequences more Michelin itself than others.

With more security aspects taken into consideration, we wouldn't have lost so many drivers, and Senna first.... Some lives have maybe been saved yesterday. But show must go on, before any other considerations...

But I do understand the sadness and frustration of people having made the effort to go and see the "race". It's a big waste, for everybody ;-((

And the proposition from Michelin to modify the track's path to suit their tyres or break the FIA's rules by using other tyres was just not acceptable and not fair.