Valence USA | FerrariChat

Valence USA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F355Bvc, Jun 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    I'm having some real problems with Valence USA, with an order for a console cover for a 355 that I placed in December!!! Paid 50% down. Beware until you hear from me further...

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Hope it works out for you, Vince

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Vince - I had the same problems with Valence last year. Waited and waited and waited. Almost two months! Was told that perfection takes time. Was told that the order was almost complete (had multiple pieces ordered). I finally asked them to ship a partial order - even a single piece to simply show good faith. Never received a thing. I finally demanded a refund and they obliged right away. That was the only successful part of my experience - asking for and receiving my money back. Good luck!

4. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    #4 Valence, Jul 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello F-chatters,

Vince's F355 carbon fiber Integrated Center Console ships today. We have been continually improving both our production speed, and the accuracy of quoted lead times before and during customers' orders. This particular piece, along with its 348 couterpart, are currently our most popular and most labor intensive parts. When this part was unveiled in March on F-chat, we commented on what our experience had shown to be more realistic turnaround times for this piece:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50479
    Then and now, most of our products will turn around much quicker than these consoles. We've made improvements to our process, and plan to continue, to make these more immediately available. If you're considering one of our parts, I can now give accurate assessments of the turnaround time that will be involved. Our apologies to past customers, such as Vince, who were surprised as we were by excessive wait times.

Shortly after happening upon this thread yesterday, a storm hit town, which rapidly got pretty intense, and culminated in what is speculated to be a tornado. I've attached some images of the effects. Although our building did sustain some structural damage, fortunately almost none of our equipment, molds, or parts in process were damaged. Everyone out there who's got a pending order, it will barely be affected by this event. We’re currently splitting our time between cleanup / insurance adjusters and production, and full production will resume within a couple days.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I waited a long time for my piece as well, but I did recieve it and it was top quality stuff. I feel your pain and thought about cancelling the deal with Valence as I had paid 100% of the cost upfront, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and I am glad I did. The piece I recieved was top notch and was worth every penny I paid. Nobody has ever complained about their work, just the timeframes. Hang in there, it sounds like you will be getting it soon. I posted my concern up here too....but I made sure to give Valence their due when I finally did recieve it.

Here is the thread that I originally started when I was upset about the wait and worried that I would not recieve it...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44975&highlight=valence+348

Here is a thread about it after I recieved it...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59042&highlight=valence+348

Hope this helps!

6. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Will let everyone know when I get it.

7. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I have been talking with Valence alot lately because I am getting my catalogs ready to print and I want to make sure I have all my t's dotted and my i's crossed. They really seem to know what they are doing and sound like they go overboard on quality and making sure that their products are perfect. They may take a while but I am sure it will be worth it. Not to mention the price differences. We are a dealer for Novitec and Valence and I can't believe the price differences for the same part. I look forword to working with Valence in the future.

Jason Godsil
    Serious Overkill
    www.SeriousOverkill.com

8. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    In my opinion high quality items are allways worth the wait. I'm sure Valence isn't ripping anybody off they'd just rather have a reputation of being the best then being the fastest, which there's nothing wrong with.

Good Luck,
    Kevin

9. CulRad

CulRad Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    Va Beach Va
    Full Name:
    David Culpepper
    Valance is a great company. I have so much quality work from them. Their work is all hand crafted, it is a amazing task. If your gauges are all falling around because you do have not the OEM part anymore, well, we do have a problem.

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Good to hear things are going to be back in order.

Also, I didn't think that particular 911 liked to be water cooled.

11. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Received console piece from Valance USA today. Excellent workmanship, looks great. It took a while but Brian came through as promised. Should have it installed soon....

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    pics!