HURRICANE DENNIS | FerrariChat

HURRICANE DENNIS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PassionIsFerrari, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Looks like a bad one. And so early too. For the Gulf Coasters, are you going to evacuate or stay?

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    too soon to evacuate. thing could get much bigger or much smaller...

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Dunno yet. I'm more irritated by the fact I may have to buy a generator this year than anything. Waste of money IMO.

RMX

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    My parents bought a generator this spring due to the 3 tropical storms that came through Atlanta last year. Be safe out there Florida Fchatters!

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BATTERIES AND FLASHLITES..

GIVE ME A SHOUT IF YOU NEED, I WILL SEND YA, GRATIS

STAY SAFE

BRUCE

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

That bunny ^^^ just never quits with the kindness.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    When is this Hurricane supposed to hit? Near New Orleans? Hope not, id be bummed if my trip was cancelled due to that. :(

8. Cesium 911

Cesium 911 Rookie

Feb 4, 2005
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    David A
    I think we'll be alright. It's supposed to hit Sunday night I believe. I have had a trip planned for about 2 months, though, to go up to Providence, RI. I hope the house is here when I get back.

9. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    I think you better start making your plans now otherwise may be too late. It's already a Cat 3, it looks like a monster. South FL looks to be ok but us here on the gulf coasts of FL, AL, MS, and LA look to be in bad shape...It looks like its heading the exact same place that Ivan went which is Gulf Shores, AL and Pensacola, FL. I'm thinking about getting my Ferrari out of town tonight, to put it out of harms way.

10. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My folks are down in P'cola now (Friday). They're getting ready to bug out and stay with me and my family up here in Atlanta for a few days. My dad had to ride it out down there with the last one. From the looks of it, this one will also be a biggie.

11. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I've probably said this before, but if my home was wiped out w/ all my cars, I’d surely blow my brains out.

12. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I've toyed with the idea of installing a 15kw generator with a LP/propane tank and a transfer switch. I guess I'm too cheap...I'm sure if the power goes out again this year, I'll have learned my final lesson.

:)

RMX

13. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    From all reports, we are going to be on the eastern wall of storm with the eye passing about 20-30 miles west of us. You couldn't pick a worse spot! Unfortunately though, I have to work today which means I have to board up tonight. They have called for mandatory evacuation down here and from what I have heard, the evacuation routes are jammed up...people are saying that if you can't get out now, to just stay because you run the risk of getting caught in the hurricane in your car. So, its looks like I am staying....which is not a good thing because my house is in a flood plain and only about 1000 feet from the water. I'm about 7 feet above sea level and the surge is supposed to be between 12-18 feet here. As long as the structure holds up, I should be ok...i'll just be floating all around my house!...If the roof blows off and-or windows blow out, it will be alright . If the structure goes, we'll, then all I can say is 'nice knowing you guys'.

Now for the important info.....Ferrari is going in the garage so hopefully it makes it too! Hopefully, the dog, the ferrari, and I get through this thing unscathed. I'm sure power will be down for a while so I will post back here (hopefully!) when it gets restored. Good luck to anyone else who is dealing with this and be safe.