348 Tailight Offer...Who would be interested | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 Tailight Offer...Who would be interested

Discussion in '348/355' started by PassionIsFerrari, May 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
  2. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
    I know it's a bit of a long shot, but do you think there is a chance of getting the tail light panel for the 348 in a version without the slots? (i.e. similar to 355 standard rear)

The panel looks a great fit - especially at the critical fender joint, but the slots make it look a bit ricer, don't you think?

3. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I think just the opposite...I think the slots match well with the slotted doors on the 348. I also like the idea of air being able to vent through there. I have read other posts about 355 rear panels cracking and warping due to heat. I also like for the fact that you know its NOT a 355, its almost like saying "I'm not trying to make my 348 into a 355, I'm trying to put round lights in the back and dress it up a little"
    I can see your point about looking ricer, as I think the whole kit leans that way, but I think that one piece would not look ricer at all when combined with all the other original Ferrari components...

4. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    So >$2k with the lights and shipping.

5. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Is this correct $2000 for the whole kit including the lights and shipping . If yes then interested in purchase.

6. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    $1,500.00 is the price minus the lights and shipping. Shipping will only be $50.00 or so and that's a steal considering the part is coming from Japan and I'm shipping my brackets, the lights, etc. As far as the lights I have no idea how much 4 F355 lights cost off the top of my head, I am calling my supplier today to get a price. But I'll throw in my cost on the F355 lights if it's over $2k to try and keep the price as low as possible. Price only special to f-chat members though.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Forza,
    Kevin

7. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    See post #11 for cost of genuine Ferrari lights

8. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Final price is $2,150.00 for the lights, brackets, piece, and shipping. This is not bad considering I'm not even charging for the R&D I'm putting into the kit.

The first person that orders we will fly our guy out to there location and have him make a free set of brackets which would reduce the price to $1,950.00. If there is a problem with this we will find someone else besides the first guy. Pretty much the first person interested in free brackets can let our guy base the brackets off his car and save $200.00.

Place your orders now.

Forza,
    Kevin

9. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Im in. I'll get in contact with you.

10. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Awesome , hope to hear from you soon so we can get these brackets made.

Forza,
    Kevin

11. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just got word back from Veilside that the only thing they have left from the molds is the Veilside tail light garnish, no other body parts available :(

Forza,
    Kevin

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #37 Husker, May 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    ive started to build the plug for the fiberglass panel today since i read that veilside couldnt come up with the molds. i will need to have someone who can make a jig for welding up the mounting .light bracket assy. my expertise lacks here. volunteers ? -anyone , anyone....Beuller?:)

14. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i wouldnt mind people pm me to let me know they are in for conversion kit, just so i know how many i can look forward to making. the price should be the same as discussed before..

15. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
  16. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I agree with that :) Very nice design. But it changes one of the key design features of the 348, and I wouldn't do that to it.

Jas

17. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Does'nt look quite right to me.

The best rear lights I've one I've seen is in a pic of a heavily modified 348 in the June 2005 edition of Forza magazine on page 8.

I'll try and scan it and post it tomorrow.

18. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    Dear 348 owners

We have posted pictures of our 348 round taillight conversion on July 19, 2005 thread title " 348 round taillights $1995 conversion kit" Next week we will make our taillights to be adjustable up and down. If you purchase a conversion kit from another company make sure the wire harness is available for connecting the 355 round taillights to your stock 348 taillight connector. The 355 taillight connection is different from the 348.

Please visit our website www.GaRedcars.com

$1195 includes custom made wire harness to connect to the 348 stock taillight connector, mounting brackets, and a paintable carbon fiber panel.
    $800 for a set of 4 Ferrari 550 taillights

$1995 with taillights included or
    $1195 without taillights

Have a nice day

19. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Kevin and MVP...did you ever come up with a taillight conversion kit???

20. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I hate to be the naysayer... but this and the Ray wheels kits are WAY too overpriced, if I was gonna blow that kind of money, i'd just buy a 355 challenge grill and make it fit. I know CF isn't cheap to make... but if a dozen companies can make a WHOLE HOOD for just about any import/ricer on the road for HALF the cost of this taillight panel.... that's VERY suspicious to me.
    As cool as both of these kits are, I wouldnt buy either of them, based on principal alone... I absolutely INSIST on getting reasonable value for something I blow over 2 grand on! It really sucks actually... I really do want this look for my car.

Why nobody (including Ferrari) has ever made a 355-type challenge grill to actually fit the 348 will always be an interesting mystery to me!
    But i'd buy that Veilside rear bumper cover with the diffuser in a HEARTBEAT!! I even dig the rear wing!!

This does confuse me a little... they have this advertised all over the place for $1300