who went to FOW track day @ summit? | FerrariChat

who went to FOW track day @ summit?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by FerrariF1, Jul 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF1

FerrariF1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hello,

past weekend was awsome and met tons of nice ppl at FOW track day. anyway, i would like to thank all the ppl who organized this event and instructors who were there.

i'm definitly planning on going to september track event at summit point and hope to see all you guys there again.

anyone from FC went to this event?

Yellow #67 modena

2. CulRad

CulRad Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    Va Beach Va
    Full Name:
    David Culpepper
    FOW's Mr Redding Finney is the master of the event. He has the full support of Mr Allie Ashe, owner of the dealership. Allie loves this, gives him time to play with his cars, most people would not know who he is, he disires no attention. The rest of the dealership is there as support. All they try to do is break even on the cost.

Not one car even got a scratch or dent. So if your car is at home resting, take that little girl to the track and blow out the spider webs. There are wonderful instructors, four different groups from fast to easy going.

Silver 360 Modena, #09

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I stopped by for a few hours on Saturday. Seeing as though I can't wear a helmet in the car (I barely fit as it is) I didn't get it on the track...

-R

4. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was there on saturday on the bike. The blue 360cs...(wch?) sounded nice! So did the yellow gallardo. Actually all the cars did under full or near full acceleration. FOW does a great job everytime.

5. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    My wife and I were there (with our '85 308) for a few hours on Saturday as well.

I got to meet Dave Born and a nice woman named Barbara who asked to ride around the track with me on the lunchtime tour. We left shortly after as we were just out for the ride and wanted to check things out a little bit.

I didn't manage to meet anyone else there but still had a blast. I am definately going to attend the next event.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #6 WCH, Jul 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    "The blue 360cs...(wch?)"

Thanks! I was there both days, but drove only on Saturday. There was another beautiful blue CS, with tan leather interior, at the track - looked fantastic, someone here own it? And I loved the Gallardo, great paint on that car, well driven, fast.

Will

Next time:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. JCM

JCM Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    Williamsburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John McCauley
    I was up both days with my 355 and my Cobra. My daughter and I drove the 355 and I also had the Cobra out. I also 'loaned" the Cobra to a couple of instructors. Ray Phillips took it out for an afternoon session on Sunday and then one of the elderly instructors (unnamed to protect the guilty) took it out in a later session. He had some trouble keeping it pointed in the correct direction and, ultimately, had to be towed off. He tried to blame the car, but it had run fine for 3 earlier sessions, so maybe it was the driver?

Bottom line is that FCA and FoW put on one great event. Redding, Allie, and Dave deserve all the credit they get and more. Anyone who thinks they need to "think" about going just needs to go. At the March event I met a couple down from Philly who had an Mercedes E500 for the Sunday sessions. His first time on the track, anywhere. Ready to go out and buy his first fast car, someone at Algar suggested that he spend a day at the track first to get a better idea of what it was all about. They were here again for the Sunday sessions. Still hard at work thinking about what to buy, but getting track time in that land barge nevertheless. Point is, you can learn an awful lot about yourself and your car without having that special car, made to do all of the "right" things. Both events this year have had many more non-Italian cars than Italian cars. So take my advice and get out there in your grocery getter!

8. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    I believe that was Mike's (our very own ciao baby) blue Stradale there on Sunday. The challenge car looks sahweet!! Now the key is--does it have two seats :)