The Epitome of Lazy | FerrariChat

The Epitome of Lazy

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Artherd, Aug 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    My remote (philips TSU2000 btw.) aparently stoped charging and has just died on me.

Instead of getting up and moving over to the DVD player to hit 'play' on another MacGuyver eppisode, one of my favourite shows, I'm just going to go to bed.

Damn I work hard at being this lazy.

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My last DVD player croaked and was promptly replaced by another one, right on top of the old one. Six months later, it's still there, #2 out of four components stacked on the TV.

The first dead DVD player took two years to get rid of, and I've still got a brand new 40~" TV in the garage (2 years now) that took all of two weeks to stop functioning properly. I'm big on hope, not so much on action.

The ironic thing is that I never watch movies or TV unless I'm at the girlfriend's house.

C.

3. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    LOL.....did you at least turn your tv off before going to sleep?

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    No. He fell asleep in the sofa just after posting his message with a laptop and wireless internet connection.

I predict he will move a few hours after his laptop battery dies sometime around 3 PM later today.

Does anyone know where Artherd lives? Call the police claiming you are him and state that there's a strange long-haired man sleeping in the living room.

5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pfft.. any good laptop couch surfer has an a/c connection nearby. The only question is when will it heat up enough to burn through his first layer of skin.

C.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    When im done watchin a DVD on my PS2 from my bed , im so lazy to turn it of , i just let it run all night long .

7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ah, but did you have a string with a fish hook at the end of it near your bed so you could hook things and not have to get up when you were a kid?

I did.

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The question is, when will they start making remote controls that last?

I've got four of them currently on my coffee table and not one of them is fully operational.

BHW

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

Baaaaahahahha! If only you knew how right you are!

Except, I have a charger wired here to the wifi laptop, muwahahahh!

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

I sure did. One for the TV (with a cantilever made out of LEGOS no less) and another for the room lights.

Then Lutron started making their decora dimmers with remote-controls. I was like "oooooo, get some!"

11. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Ouch....lol

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    My dog just ate the one for the stereo

haven't bothered to replace the tv that left with the wife I WIN

13. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Here’s a good tip if you are really really lazy: Instead of having to sit up in the bed to watch T.V. just turn the set on it’s side. That way you can lie on the pillow and drool/snore during the adds and when Kirk and Spock come back on you won’t have to shrug yourself into an upright position any more. You will save yourself burning off tens of calories that way, heck, after a month that’s a whole Mars bar.

14. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Good tip there!

Also, I will never again buy any car without the radio controls on the steering wheel. After getting use to it, I groan and grumble when I have to actually lift my right hand from my beer to change some function on the radio thats not on the wheel.

No, I don't really have a beer, just for color.

15. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Alright, nobody's really, truly lazy until you've had occasion to use a bedpan without having any real reason to do so. My freshman roomate in college (many years ago) was so lazy he often substituted his trashcan for the bathroom (#1 and/or 2 !!) rather than heading across the hall into the real thing! Needless to say, he was my roommate for only a couple of months until I moved out! This was only the tip of the iceburg when it came to this guy, but decorum prevents me from delving into it further here.

16. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Ummmm...... thanks for sharing that.

17. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Sharing is caring! :D

18. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's what your room mate said. I guess.