Truck parked ontop of Ferrari | FerrariChat

Truck parked ontop of Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rrobello, Aug 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    I dont know if this has been posted before but I didnt see it.....

FORT SMITH--A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. “I was just numb, just real numb,” Marts said.

Marts’ neighbor Glynn Craine says he's seen his share of accidents at that home. Two other separate incidents sent cars careening of the road and into the house. “I never dreamed of it when I built here,” Craine said. He's mended his mailbox three times, after cars curved off the road and onto his property. “If people would just slow down, speed kills.”

Marts says this accident won't force him out of his home. “We enjoy living there, other than that.” But it forces him to come up with some creative ways to keep it from happening again.

Marts says he's considering putting up boulders on the side of the driveway. He and his neighbor are also looking for some help from the city. They suggest more patrols for speeders and as well as some type of speed bump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Yep, it's a repost. Not the story though.

3. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    oh ok sorry about that

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    But, you get an "E" for Effort, and a Gold Star by your name for taking the uh, news well.

5. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Pics have been seen before but the story is new. Thanks.

6. SeaBayR

SeaBayR Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    On the Chesapeake
    My Sister lives on a road like this, three cars in their yard, hit two of her cars, and she HAD IT. Bought a 800lb boulder and had it placed at the end of the drive.

That weekend a guy in a muscle car blows the stop sign and pushes the rock 10".............didn't make it into her yard though..

Totaled his car..

Get a Rock...BIG ROCK