Jackson and/or Aspen this weekend? What a choice! | FerrariChat

Jackson and/or Aspen this weekend? What a choice!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by jacksonhole, Sep 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacksonhole

jacksonhole Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 13, 2005
    Victor, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    This is silly:
    On Friday, the FOC Utah chapter is going to Jackson Hole.
    On Saturday, they'll be doing a day trip to Pinedale, down the Hoback Canyon.
    And also on Friday, the FCA Denver Chapter begins its Fall Foliage Tour...all through central Colorado and ending up in Aspen and Vail on Sunday and Monday.

You know, with just a little communications between them, the two clubs could have picked different weekends and members could have gone to both events!
    It's time for ALL the Ferraris in the Rocky Mountains to band together and have joint club drives, meets AND to include Lambos and other Italian marks; so that we can leverage motel rates, entertainment and so forth and meet each other!

2. vsnqust

vsnqust Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Next to roland
    So who in the SOC club do we talk with to start coordinating these things.
    I was going to go last year.. as clarence had told me about it.. but again
    it was on the same weekend. It would be easy to meet in rock springs from
    colorado/wyoming group and the SOC group.

3. jacksonhole

jacksonhole Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 13, 2005
    Victor, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    FOC Utah's leadership took a severe hit this year when Mr and Mrs Geddes (she was FOC Utah president) were apparently arrested on fraud charges. I dont' know howo strong the current leadership is.
    I'll scope it out this weekend when they're in Jackson.

When you describe meeting in Rock Springs, that's true for Denver people, who could get there through Silverthorn, Kremmling, Steamboat and Craig...and then go up to Pinedale and Jackson for a fall drive (or turn around at god-awful Rock Springs and go back into Colorado a different way.

Rock Springs (or someplace like it) would also be true for the people from SLC who don't want to go all the way to Jackson). The two groups could meet at a (reasonably priced) half way place like Craig or Rock Springs, stay overnight together and go on...or go home.

Another way to bring the clubs together would be to move the fall foliage tour north from the current (GREAT) central Colorado highways and more into the northern tier, touching on southern Wyoming and eastern Utah and enabling members from the two clubs to meet and drive together- if only for a day of a multi-day tour.

4. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Thats alway nice.. does anyone know what the fraud charges were for ?? or did it effect any memberships ??

I think a joint day or 2 would be cool.. I would drive a bit extra, or possibly join a multi region tour :)

at min, atleast a track event.

-a

5. jacksonhole

jacksonhole Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 13, 2005
    Victor, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    ==================================
    The fraud charges were allegedly for borrowing $14million from Zions Bank, to be used to finance a cascading number of shell companies that they ran into the ground... while financing their fabulous lifestyle "on the hill" in Park City. The bank seized and sold about a million dollars in cars alone: Carerra GT (still for sale at Steve Harris) a Rolls and hot little Jessica's 360.
    I'll know more Friday night, after their former friends have had a few drinks (they're from Utah and not used to drinking like we Idaho hoes).
    For more info, type "Geddes" into Search or email Pimpdaddy for more details.

The joint day you mention...would that be a rolling prison tour for con artist exotic owners? Canon City, Rawlins, St. George, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, etc?
    We can talk about it Monday in Aspen. I want to see how the Austrian Porsche driver does in the Alps! Both you guys should be at the top of your game without the girls distracting you (poor N and H, home alone). By the time I get to Independence Pass, Monday morning, I'll have crossed a half dozen mountain passes in five days at full throttle! I will be at the top of my game! And I have a STEREO!!! Maybe the Austrian sings as he drives?
    :) G2 Rules :)

6. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

hahaha

Well actually H is coming, and N has too work, so I am bringin C.

But dont worry, Game is always on and in full effect :) I

You will need that radio, as when you are behind me, all your gonna hear is the nice sweet sound of a F car exhaust. :p

see you on monday!
    -a

7. jacksonhole

jacksonhole Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 13, 2005
    Victor, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    No, not the radio. Up in that canyon south of Aspen, it'll be the CD player (as in ZZ TOP's "She's got legs!") that I'll be listening to... as yes, I prowl behind you, listening to your sweet 360's exhaust cooking your fuel tank, lowering your engine's efficiency as we climb higher and higher and higher. Yes, I'll be listening to your exhaust... carefully... as you haul her extra weight (and your luggage) up the hill and the gas tank continues to percolate. One burp...and you'll hear an extra 100 hp, four more cylinders of torque...and Van Halen's "Something 'bout Love!"...go by!
    That's probably when I'll hit the deer.
    :)

8. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    :)

What time did your alarm clock go off this morning ?? just wondering when you woke up from this dream ?? :p

I actually have noticd Deer DONT like my car.. on the way to the ranch, they all HAUL A$$ the other way, not even close to coming in my path!

Forget those deer horn/whistler things...!

9. jacksonhole

jacksonhole Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 13, 2005
    Victor, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jackson
    Today, on no sleep:
    The first 400 miles, including three mountain passes and the 15 mile straight where I'll exceed 170 for the first time if there's nobody out there and I feel like my hand-eye coordination is adequate and I'll be safe. Otherwise, it's speed limit and Tori Amos and Van Halen and YELLO and the sky!
    No computers until Sunday.
    MAYBE I'll see you guys on Monday. but that'll probably mean another all-nighter, Sunday into Monday ...a Quantum Leap across the Inter-Dimension.
    But Hell, who's afraid of Schrodinger's Cat?

10. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    haha

well hope to see you on Monday in Aspen :)

-a

11. F-Bear

F-Bear Karting

Jan 11, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rob Weien
    Hey, thanks Ferrari guys for the hot laps down main street last night. There I am working away in the front office and I hear 'that sound' and look up and wow! 328's, 355's 360's, Testas, and even a F-40 in the parade lap. I guess that's why I'm workin' (and save'n) while everyone else it seems is playin'. Did you see Michael's Enzo parked in front of the 'Belly up'? Enjoy the Monday am ride. The weather should be PERFECT!

12. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

It was a GREAT Time!!!!

I am beat!!!

-a