i was dead set on the painted lowers, till this...... | FerrariChat

i was dead set on the painted lowers, till this......

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by johns930, Sep 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

To each his own but IMO it's not an attractive element to the car that should be highlighted. I prefer factory black :)

2. KKR

KKR Rookie

Sep 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Kris K. Robertson
    what about carbon fiber?

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I love it on the 360.... Not so sure on that 430.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I like it, it provides a distraction from the ugly mini-Enzo rear end.

Flame suit on. :D

5. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    keep it black... color matched looks too wierd.....

6. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I this case the factory knows best. I am not a fan of the smoked tail lights too.

7. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    no.

8. I perfer black also!

9. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I love what Jeffrey has done on both his F355 and F360 Modena. It really accentuates the rear. Add on top of that that he had modified exhaust and it made for a very very nice package. As a bonus, all others who knew him knew from afar that it was his car because of this distinguishing detail.

10. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    i agree carbon fiber would look better. also i dont like the blacked out taillights. is that car rosso dino? is that at the FMSD repair center? i might have to stop by tomorrow or friday and check it out, hopefully itll be around

11. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    WOW, I didnt think a 430 could look that odd with no mods.

12. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Agreed, there is that yellow 360 with the Novitec wheels and the painted diffuser/gearbox shroud that looks superb. For whatever reason it does not appear to work at all with the F430.

13. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #15 cig1, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ditto. Factory OEM look would be sweet in combination with those blacked-out lights, though.

15. I hate the blacked out lights, on both F-cars and Lamborghini's. It is nice when it is very minimal like Mercedes AMG SL rears, but black reminds me of 1995 Z28 Camaro's with Pep Boys black outs. Also the painted diffuser attracts to much attention and makes the rear look unproportional and overdone. I think nothing beats stock!

Just my opinion though, glad people are finally starting to recognize exotiXboard. I love that site! :)

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    not bad, but wouldn't do it.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I agree. That ain't happenin'. The smoked tail lights, on the other hand, are.

I'd especially like to see them on a silver or black car.

18. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
  19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Are these riveted on pieces intended to disturb the airflow that were designed into the downforce of the car?

Seems like cosmetics are interfering with aerodynamics, unless I just don't get it.

20. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Even though I painted my 360 diffuser I would not paint the diffuser on a 430. The problem is that the rear of the 430 does not lend itself well to MORE paint. The 360 has a "narrower" rear end which is half taken up by a Challenge grill and more paint does not overwhelm it. The 430 has a larger rear end and a smaller grill area. More paint over does it. Add to the fact that you have more going on in the rear of the 430 - the lights, angles, etc. make it very busy. By painting the lower valence it gives the car a kit car appearance at the rear. Just my two cents.

21. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I like how it looks on a 360, I'll have to wait and see it on a 430 in person. But so far I'm leaning towards stock.

22. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    Agree that painted diffuser looks acceptible on the 360 but not F430 (at least not on a bright colored car). For those that want to dress up the 430 rear a bit, but like keeping it dark in color, we're in the process of making that piece in clear coated carbon fiber.
    With the vertical 'fins' and the large amount of space this piece takes up on the back of the car, the carbon fibre will make a strong yet subtle visual statement, without standing out as being too garish or loud. Pics coming in a few weeks...

By the way, those links to exotixboard are down. Not sure if its temporary, but it won't work even after I've registered with that board.