355 hand brake light | FerrariChat

355 hand brake light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lauris, Sep 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lauris

lauris Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2005
    Glasgow
    Full Name:
    Scott Laurie
    hi all,, light for park brake is staying on,, brake is working ok,, where is the assume the little switch is not switching off, how do I get to it ? where is it?

thanks in advance
    scott..

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

On my 348 there is a plastic-covered electrical connector just beneath the leather cover (3 screws to remove) and behind the parking brake at the base of the driver's seat. It's fragile and does come unplugged easily.

Apply some Stabilant 22a to the metal contacts prior to reconnecting it.

3. srwhitman

srwhitman Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Whitman
    I found this out through this forum when I first got my car. You have to hold the button when releasing the hand brake til the handle is all the way down. Then let go and it should have the light go off. As its kind of a pain, I now rarely use the hand brake except when on an incline.

Scott

4. lauris

lauris Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2005
    Glasgow
    Full Name:
    Scott Laurie

lights gone out,, most time now,, maybe using the handbrake correctly?? although its a pin to use,, so generally leaving it in gear now,,,,,

reminds me of an old 944 I used to have, where handrake was on rhs,, couple of times, climbed out and managed to knock the handbrake off,,, suppose thats why Ferrari have this set up,,,,,