Thinking of buying a 348 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thinking of buying a 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by Amo, Aug 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Amo

Amo Karting

Aug 30, 2005
    Shropshire.
    Full Name:
    Amo
    Hi,

Can I just apologise to Jonathan for not turning up to the Ferrari day at Donington Park, I had to go in to work the whole weekend. Sorry I haven't also been on line for a while due to Internet problems.

Is there any other events soon in the UK, so I can have look at few 348's?

Amo

2. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I may be selling mine soon. If you are interested, please PM me. Red/Crema, 3,900 miles, perfect...needs nothing.

3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Hi Amo. Sorry you didn't make it to Donington.

It's nearing the end of the season as far as Ferrari events are concerned. I shall probably be at the Italian Car day at Brooklands (Surrey) this Sunday. There is usually a good turnout of Ferraris, but may not be this time as it is the same day as the A1GP at Brands (where I shall probably be on the Saturday) and Auto Italia aren't supporting it this time. Not sure of anything else coming up.

Jonathan

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    nice yellow spyder!

5. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    #30 burriana, Sep 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Stantoo

Stantoo Rookie

Sep 18, 2005
    Pleasanton
    Full Name:
    Stan Hurd
    I don't know if this applies to you but if you are 6'2" or taller, check how you fit with the top behind the seat (in a ts) before you buy. I really wanted a 348ts but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fit. I had owned two 308gts and a 328gts before and fit ok so it was a surprise that I couldn't make the 348ts work.

7. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    For some reason, the GTS/GTB/Spiders have more legroom than ts/tb. And a lower seating position. I found that sitting in various cars, but don't know why it is.

Jas

8. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of leg and headroom in the Spider... on the rare occassions I actually have the roof UP that is :)

9. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Where is JVRBJR or whatever his name is and his "I know it all" nonsense?

10. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    Well I just bought a 1995 348 Spider for $70,000 USD with 12,500 miles, all services done, from adealer with a warranty.

I have seen 348 Spiders sell for $56,000 on ebay, but that is sight unseen other than photos, no records to speak of, private sale, you're on you own once you get over the curb.

Also, MANY ebay deals are "won" but the buyer never actually pays for the car, so they get relisted over and over again, thus scarring other interest buyers who say to themselves "why didn't the guy that won this last week take it?".

In January I suspect you can save yourself $5,000 as the dealers will be dead except for perhaps processing orders for new vehicles. It snows in NJ, so unless the dealer calls you telling you "your 430 Spider just arrived from Italy", the showroom is probably empty. Who shovels their driveway and goes looking at Ferraris? Private sellers fail to take the aforementioned considerations into their asking prices. They saw one listed in DuPont Registry for X amount with more miles at an Autorized Ferrari dealer, they expect to get that price minus $3,000, never considering the dealer may take $10,000 less themselves.

In May, I suspect you will pay a $5,000 premium as there are pobably LOTS of shoppers roaming the showroom so the dealer feels less in need of cutting a deal to pay the electric bill.

So I would say it is fair to see a $10,000 swing in price on your desired vehicle dependant on the day you are shopping within the 365 day calender year.

I paid more through a dealer, but they can not play dumb in court later, so I choose to buy myself that extra level of security.

11. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    So when do you intend on apologizing for calling my Leland West thread bullsh*t? My findings have been verified, crow tastes ok if you use enough salt.

12. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Listen here little one....

I called, pretended to be someone else and there was no issue. Maybe because I am from California? I don't know.

I guess you would know what crow tasted like. Now do tell, What does Humble pie taste like?

13. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    When you stop posting. I will give you your $15 to go away if that helps.

14. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    PROVE IT, you wanted me to prove my case and it was independently verified. Why should a "little one" like me be held to a higher standard than the master like you? And when I am wrong I ADMIT IT, I don't accept my own apology and chane the subject immediately to prop myself back up.

15. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Try decalf and some pamprin. You are bugging out.

16. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    So as usual you will not be able to verify your findings, so instead you will insult me, as your only defense in life is to belittle others to prop yourself up. You're pathetic.

17. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    ah Kitten, don't cry.

And how would you expect me to do that Pumpkin? VoIP on a PhP forum?

18. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    I don't know, how was I supposed to do it? Think about what you would have accepted as proof from me, and then apply it to yourself, like you do analease before you go for the whole fist.

19. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Is that what your lifepartner does?

20. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    Again you can never answer a question, you always try to turn the answer into another question. I've decided to look for that ignore feature for you, bye.

21. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You will still see me :)

22. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    How can you still see someone that is on ignore? :)

23. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Their original posts don't show up, but anytime someone quotes them, it does.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    matteo and jvbjr, both of you take it offline, anything else personal between you online and there will be time outs. ridiculous, grow up.