Best Car Cover for Ferrari 328 | FerrariChat

Best Car Cover for Ferrari 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rareusgold, Sep 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rareusgold

Rareusgold Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I was just wondering what the best car cover is for a 328 GTB. The car will be in the garage. I am most concerned about not getting swirls in the paint. What would be the best cover to use. I am not really concered about weather protection. I am more concerned with dust protection. My garage tendes to be dusty. I have been told that California Car Cover or Cover Craft. I also heard that Ferrari makes covers but they tend to be too tight. What do you guys use.

Thanks for your help.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have a evolution 4 on mine--fit is perfect...I have a GTS though.. Found on Ebay $65.00

3. Matt308

Matt308 Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    CO
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have a red cover from California Car Cover, even had "FERRARI" embroidered on the front. Looks cool in the garage! :) It fits very well, is easy and fast to put on and take off, and doesn't leave marks on the paint that I have noticed.

4. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I ordered one from Scruderia System in UK, red with Ferrari on it. It's a dust cover with soft cloth inside which is safe for the paint.

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I have ordered a flannel lined cover from covercraft.com. I will post when it arrives to let you know how the fit and swirl resistance is. It was $185. The site is kind of a pain to navigate, but the price is good for a custom fit cover. I really wanted a generic loose fitting cover with flannel lining, but could not find one, all the generics seem to have a Kimberly Clark type material similar to the generic covers sold at Costco.
    BT

6. pcord

pcord Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Near Phila, PA
    Full Name:
    Pete C
    I bought a flannel cover from covercraft and I'm very pleased. One thing to note is that they do come with plastic grommets for tie downs, so take them off in case they drag across the car. Regarding the paint swirls, I think the main cause is dragging the cover, any cover, across the paint. There is probably some perfect technique out there on how to put on and remove the cover, but I just fold it up and try not to drag it too much. Seems to work. That and get the car buffed every few years!

7. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    I've got one of those stretch covers for my 328 & I never use it. Unless the car is absoltely spotlessly clean & dust free you risk paint damage putting it on & taking it off because they are a pretty tight fit. Over time you have to be quite careful around the sharper edges/corners of the body work where the paint can even wear thin from constantly pulling a tight fitting cover over them.

Instead I use two fairly heavy cotton dust sheets & I just lay them across the car & unfold them & then fold them up to take them off. Much cheaper, much quicker & less risk of damage (not quite so pretty though I grant you!)

I.