430 outgunned by Porsche, Noble & Ford GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 outgunned by Porsche, Noble & Ford GT

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K

Ever built your own motor? If so post a pic.

2. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    Well it wouldnt have been the keys to the Noble, Porka or 430! Id have taken the Vantage, looks better, sounds better and goes rather well, i.e. well enough.

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
  4. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    EK3R - STILL thinking about the Noble huh ;)

I still miss mine in many ways. Certainly not the unreliability or the shocking interior, but for outright peformance, nothing can touch it. Not even Murph's 7! (despite what he might say :D)

It's dry lap times at Rockingham made the other cars look pretty pitiful. It would have lapped every car within 20 laps with it's 4 second advantage.

Why not wait for the M12-2 next year? The cars 3 major shortcomings, interior, kit-car looks and aero, will all have been improved based on the dev work for the new M14 GT.

Mind you, the 12 month warranty would still be a concern..........

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Oh now that's easy to say when you don't have it any more. Good job for you I'd say, otherwise the gauntlett would definitely be on the table.

Remember that I've seen you on track Stuh :D

6. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Andy, you're missing the point of the Aston - It's not about being the fastest, it's about being fast enough. Astons are not racing cars on the road and don't pretend to be. They are about style, luxury, power, taste blah blah blah. They are only pitched against Porsche because they hover around the same price point, not beacuse they aim to mimic the car.

See you tomorrow

jg

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    wTF ! Why did the F430 fare so bad ????

8. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    I've just been having an argument about the AMV8 being pitched at the base 911 despite it being way out of the league (price wise) of most 911 C2 buyers.

I agree with it having other attributes (main one being exclusivity) which mean it doesn't have to be the fastest. But before the flag waving starts, at least line it up against the true competition (911TT/SL55).

9. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    I hate to say this, particularly as I have one on order, but I have a nasty suspicion that the UK RHD F430s are a good bit slower than LHD ones.
    Look at Autocar's pitiful acceleration figures for that Grigio Silverstone coupe; far slower than the 360 they figured with (supposedly) 90bhp less!
    And the wet lap times for this rosso corsa one are laughable, the blue left hooker I drove was very nearly as capable in the streaming wet as it was in the dry.
    Sadly the rhd Spider I drove recently lacked all the throttle response and torque of the lhd coupe which still blew me away on a recent visit to France.

I have driven lots of very fast cars and I still cannot remember any that would be faster than the lhd one I've done over a 1000 miles in.
    There are loads that were faster than the rhd one (that had done more miles, so it should have been more run-in).

BTW, as mentioned in the text of the Autocar article, they would have got better times if it had been an F1 box, but probably not enough to beat the others.

Remember how many F430s got figured in the 3.5-3.7 seconds 0-60 on Fiorano? I know about the gradient on the straight, but that doesn't explain the discrepancy with the UK cars that have been figured.

10. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Whatever the reason, I think it's pitiful that what is supposed the pinnacle of performance from Ferrari (excl Enzo) gets beaten by this selection of cheaper cars.

All very well us saying we'd rather have the Ferrari - as would I - but Ferrari ought to be ashamed of this performace...or lack thereof.

Not good enough, at the price IMO.

Jas

11. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    I reckon all the Ridge racing on PSP is giving you delusions of grandeur :D

Not so much on track, as on a flatbed recovery truck!

12. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Bring it on, NKOTB!