Danica Patrick tougher then she looks... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick tougher then she looks...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Westworld, Oct 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I think your right, Legge would probably mop up the floor with her in short order. And it looks like Legge won't be stuck going around in circles like she is right now. Always said Danica was overrated. Legge on the other hand seems to have nerves of steel. We'll see how she does in the big time.

Lou

2. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Liz Halliday is rather underated. She is doing a pretty good job in the ALMS

3. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I find it funny that so many guys are threatened by a 5 foot nothing 100lbs girl. If she's reaching out to hit, tap or slap, put your hand up, hold her by her forehead at arms length and laugh. If I were Jacque, I'd also apologize. The guy was all over the place, she held her line. End of story.

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Maybe so, but it doesn't give her the right to get physical either. It's not so much that guys are threatened more that it's a double standard. If a male driver hits another male driver in such a manner he gets fined or sanctioned or whatever. In this case she gets a atta girl.

5. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Regardless of an-eye-for-an-eye, equality of the sexes, just desserts or whatever the case may be, a gentleman never hits a woman. If you think that hitting woman for any reason is justifiable, perhaps you should move out of the trailer park.

6. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Nobody is saying it's justifiable, what is being said is that not all men are gentlemen and that and some would snap if hit first. In the end if this happeend to her the blame would lie mainly with her. Perhaps you should read a bit more carefully before making trailer park assumptions.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Some of the responses to this thread are really stupid. MS slapped Sato on the helmet, and there were no criticisms of his ability or sexuality. So why the big deal because she jabbed her finger at Lazier for his eratic driving? Look at the video, pretty obvious Lazier, a male, messed up and took them both out at a relatively high speed that could have injured both of them. I think many of us would have done more than just jab Lazier with one finger after that display of bad driving (or a poorly set up Ganassi car).

Danica is a pretty impressive race driver for her age. She has brought a lot of positive attention to the IRL, and auto racing in general. Not sure why some of you feel so compelled and so falsely knowledgable to condemn her. Fact is, you are hypothesizing based on your own myopic views. You obviously aren't that knowledgable after-all. So far, she has done pretty well, beating out males for IRL rookie of the year. Its not exactly easy to average 175+mph racing side by side in an open wheel race car, without running into someone else or something, and so far, she has done very well for a 22 year old rookie. Especially one exposed to so much critical attention.

What is that Ganassi clown's name, Ryan Briscoe? This jerk was Danica's competition for rookie of the year. Where was the critical commentary about him when he took out Danica some weeks ago? He certainly demonstrated his ability for flying high in a ball of flame, but so far that is about it. I doubt if any of you that have been so critical of Danica could do even a fraction as well as she has on a high speed oval. What she has accomplished does take skill and a lot of mental strength. "Adding right turns does not make for a better race car driver "(Jackie Stewart at breakfast in race day 1975 at IMS).

Give her a break. And get therapy for your weak male egos.

8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

You are right in a sense but in the MS/ Sato case is different everybody saw it so there was no question. In this case it's first she punched him, then she slapped him, then she says no i didn't hit, then OK i poked him. Nobody knows for sure so we're all a bit in the dark. We're all just speculating which is all the fun in this forum. Right guys?

9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

A bit sensitive on the trailer park comment, are we?

10. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    He has an opposing point of view. Not like he called you out. Lighten up, or does simply disagreeing with you constitute a challenge?

11. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    You pass someone on the outside, you run the risk they are going to move out on you. Period. Inside person has the right of way. Always has, alway will, simple physics.

She's an idiot, and shouldn't have struck him.

Art

12. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Racing is a business. I agree that Danica is a mediocre driver and will NEVER amount to much, but she sells seats and merchandise, and more importantly, ad time. She's brought IRL, and open wheel racing in the US to a level where it"s never been, and she's making a fortune from it. Who said life was fair????

13. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    I doubt danica punched him. although she seems rather rude at times, that seems a little far-fetched.

although I definately agree, it was lazier's fault.

and (sorry to bounce around topics), I think Danica could be a very dominant driver. she has shown serious potential.

14. gdbsti

gdbsti Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    So, we all know nothing about motor racing and you know everything? I just want to clarify what you're saying here.
    I'd better make my appointment now.

Danica was quite fast in carts and did actually win a pole in an atlantic car. She finished 3rd I think it was in the Formula Ford festival which is actually really impressive.
    Please do tell us all though, what Car race has she actaully won? Just name 1 for us. (And a pro/celeb celica race doesn't count)
    Danica can be fast but I don't think she's capable of driving the big cars. Also, bear in mind, she has about a 40 pound advantage over the field. The IRL still weigh the cars exclusive of the driver. Now thats fair!
    I probably rate her a better driver than you do, though still stand by what I said: That girl is a totally classless act.

15. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    Disagree with me all you want, and I'll be fine with it. As long as it's an intelligent and thought-out response, not something throwaway, terse, flippant and calibrated to piss someone off like "NOT what he said".

16. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    If you think it's acceptable for a woman to hit a man when he's not behaved really inappropriately first, perhaps you should move out of the nineteenth century.

17. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Thats how you took it. Valid, we're all entitled to our perceptions. Nevertheless, seems like it may well be the pot calling the kettle black. I read it differently. Just another perspective.

18. Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Elroy, TX
    Physics has nothing to do with the rulebook. Outside or inside, every rulebook I've ever seen puts passing equally in each driver's hand, with the brunt of the responsibility on the passing driver. If the passee washes out into the passer, the passee is at fault. Racing incident, sure, but just because physics dictate that the passee can't hold their line doesn't mean they aren't at fault. At that point she was half a car in front of him, and had no way to react to his actions. When you're passing somebody, outside or inside, you expect them to hold their line, not turn into you. Would you be making this same argument if she was on the inside and he turned into her? It really doesn't make any difference which side she's on, as long as she's halfway past him like she was.

I've been on the receiving end of some bonehead moves that, according to science, shouldn't have happened because the drivers were too stupid to remember to breath let alone operate a racecar. But then again, any monkey can get an SCCA license. ;)

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I don't know of any trailer parks in NYC, how about toronto?

20. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Not one person on this board was in that ambulance to see what she did or did not do. There are however a whole lot of threatened male egos on this board fantasizing about what they would or would not do were they in Danicas presence.

Nothing to see here folks, just a whole lot of envy. Move along please.

21. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Indeed, just a lot of insecure males that have a need to inflict physical violence upon women.

22. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Boy this sure is a hot topic......threatened egos....rednecks.....macho-men....lots of hot air....everyone has a right to an opinion. And it's always easier to be an armchair participant and say what we'd do in a similar situation. There will always be spoiled brats in the world, and there will always be men of questionable character. If Danica did something that was legally actionable then I'm sure something will come of it. If all she did was a bit of "humerous banter" that was laced with some anger.....well....none of us here have ever done that....right?

I'll wait and see what, if anything, happens from it. In the meantime...I hope Danica continues to be on spike TV and keeps pumping some life back in motor racing in the U.S. You gotta love her/hate her at the same time. But I think deep down most people are on her side. I know I am.

What were we like at her age? How would we handle the pressure? How would we deal with the huge expectations of others? Would there ever be a moment when we might make a bad judgement and do something we would regret? People are way to critical of her in my opinion. Okay...I'm putting on my flack jacket now....fire away!

I think she's a hotty.....way-to-go-Danica....!!

23. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    #48 Boxer12, Oct 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    shes mad hot id do her two times , multiply a million....do it