o/t spooky | FerrariChat

o/t spooky

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Oct 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    BEER/WINE MATHEMATICS

This is pretty neat how it works out.
    This is cool beer/winemaths!!!!!!!
    DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
    It takes less than a minute.......
    Work this out as you read.

Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out! This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have a pint or a glass or two of wine. (try for more than once)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (Just to be honest)

3 Add 5. (for Sunday)

4. Multiply it by 50 I'll wait while you get the calculator................

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755. If you haven't, add 1754

6. Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.

You should have a three-digit number

The first digit of this was your original number
    (i.e., how many times you want to have a pint week).

The next two numbers are .......

YOUR AGE! ~ (Oh YES, it IS!!!!! )

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

2. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Who makes these things up? Very good:)

3. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Did you think this up at the FOC meeting last night while bored?

:D

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I actually walked out of that meeting. Truth. Ignorant T*ssors. Average age 55-60, bragging about their boats,mansions,enzos,430s,etc. Third time ive been and same agenda every time. They cannot be bothered to make polite conversation other than bragging. No interest in anyone else.Fcuck them.

One of them (Derek S)even said how numbers were diminishing for people willing to participate on track days. I wanted to explain why, buy felt it would be a waste of breath.

5. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Thats just plain weird. The Big Brother effect.... :D:D:D

6. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    That was spooky.

As for the meeting, tell Derek or Mick how you feel.

They are probably not aware that the ignorant attitude of many members are pushing the rest of us away (I only managed 1 visit).

7. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    i have never attended for these reason's and have no intention of attending in the future. Waste of time as far as i am concerned

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I thought Graham, Stig and Joe etc were all FOC members. They are all a decent young sort, from this I always assumed it was quite mixed.

I still cant be bothered to join though.. :(

9. Ravi355

Ravi355 Karting

Feb 20, 2005
    In the Country
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Its the same with any car club. You get the young enthusiast contigent and the older peronality defect contingent. Is a shame, but the likes of F-Chat make up for it.

10. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Ade

I think it's worth it for the magazine etc etc, the local area meets don't float my boat but htat's a small part of it

Rob..for what it's worth I think Derek S doesn't own a Ferrari but 'heads up' the PHR

11. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nope the london/kent guys seem younger and more chilled. My meeting was with the Three Shires .

12. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mark i agree.

Im gonna skip the regional CR4p from now on. Still be in the foc tho. It's a shame they cannot see how fragmented things will become if they dont move with the times tho. Perhaps they could split it under 45's FOC, and over 45's FOC. :)

13. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Steady on, I'll be 45 in February :(

14. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You go steady with those calenders then. Pictures like that are good for you at your age:D:D

15. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Can't speak for London although I've met Jos a few times and he's as chilled as they come. never been to their meets though.

In Kent the problem seems to be the "them and us" culture i.e. are you an FChatter or not. No matter how hard we try there's always this big divide that is so apparent at meetings.

Maybe if I pin my FOC card to my head they'll realise that FChatters have paid their subscriptions too

16. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Ravi, you ought to be banned for this thinly disguised attack on SteveF :D:D:D

17. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I agree with that. :D:D:D

18. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Hells bells I wonder who was the oldest swinger in town yesterday me or ?

Afraid I am in the over 45's - but hopefully young at heart - and completely luvving all these Fchat events :-

Lime Trees/Scotland/Factory Tour/Calendar Shoot - events that FOC simply couldn't, nor dare I say want to do, in the style we know and love :D

And of course not forgetting yesterday - big thanks again to Jas and really nice to put some faces to some more of the guys :):):)

19. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This comes as a bit of a shock, especially when the penny dropped that the area group you were talking about is the one I go to, and have been for over 4 years. It was only because I had a conference call last night that I didn't go. I know many of those people and and they're a fantastic bunch. It's always a bloody good laugh when we get together, no thanks to lazy buggers like me who even have a problem showing up. I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone brag about their stuff in all the time I've been in their company. In fact it's that same group of people, more than anything else, that have kept me in the Ferrari fold all this time. Certainly isn't the damn factory.

Pretty sure I know who you're talking about with the Enzo, and that impression would be totally wrong. Sure, he enjoys his cars, but he's also a really good bloke. In fact last year he helped me out with a business problem I was having; no benefit to him whatsoever, but he was on the phone like a shot to talk me though it.

Maybe the chemistry doesn't work and nothing I say will make it so, but many people read these pages so I thought it important to counterbalance the view.

Kevin

20. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They are intimidating to new people and i will not be going again.

21. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    seconded (sadly)