Street/Track Brake Pad for Maserati Coupe | FerrariChat

Street/Track Brake Pad for Maserati Coupe

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Suzyq, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    I'm looking for a high performance street/track brake pad for my '04 Maserati Coupe. Porterfields doesn't carry anything for that model, unfortunately. Any thoughts? -SuzyQ

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Actually... there is a Porterfield pad that'll fit. We've run them on an 04 coupe.

AP345 and AP639 should fit fine (but with no sensor wires). The R4S pad is great for street/performance driving, but not suited for hard track use.

I have both in stock... drop me a PM or call.

-Daniel

3. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Daniel,

Thanks, but the problem is the brakes are getting cooked on the track. -S

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Get the same pads in R4 compound. Just tell Wendy or Linda (at Porterfield) you need race pads with those AP345/AP639 configuration. They might have them in Raybestos or Performance Friction too.

The Maser04 pad configuration is identical to a 550 Maranello

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have you tried Ferodo DS2500? Good stable grip and nearly the same from cold to hot. Of course DS3000 offers more at the cost of more rotor wear.

6. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    I am really pleased with the Ferodo DS2500's, as I use those on the street. The 3000's have better grip and more suited for track temps, but are still pretty easy on the rotors.