Another F1 vote...which driver will win next year? and who will take the constructors | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Another F1 vote...which driver will win next year? and who will take the constructors

Discussion in 'F1' started by quattro, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I think Ferrari has a good chance this year, with all the drastic changes. It is my feeling is that the reason for Ferrari's mediocrity from mid-season onwards is that they decided to concentrate on 06 season, instead of waisting time on an obsolete (due to rules change) platform.

2. F1 Junkie

F1 Junkie Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kimi and McLaren

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    MONTOYA! (as I run for cover)

4. tylerblue

tylerblue Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Tyler Blue
    Who is Jason Button?

And I agree with those who said it is WAY too early to make any sort of educated prediction for team and driver's titles....

5. tylerblue

tylerblue Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Tyler Blue
    Hahahaha, I just saw that old video of him cussing out a camera man when Montoya wasn't looking and ran into him...that individual has all sorts of ego problems he needs to address.

6. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Nah... it's just BIG... no problem... ;-)

7. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Hopefully MS (WDC) and SF (WCC).
    I think the Toyota V-8 will be the surprise of next year.

8. r00t61

r00t61 Rookie

Nov 26, 2004
    San Diego
    Bah, you guys are so predictable!

I predict DC's return to glory (which begs the question, was he ever glorious?)!

Now it is time to drink some Red Bull...

:)

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    button? honestly, i think DC has better dicipline and motivation than button..

10. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

He just seems so arrogant to me. I especially didn’t like him blowing off the constructor’s championship because it looked like he wasn’t going to win it. True competitors don’t want to nor accept loosing any part of a championship until it’s over. I personally strive to achieve all that I can and struggle to win anything I compete at. He makes too many snide remarks and seems to be self absorbed. I could be completely wrong but this is what I gather from his interviews and such.

Mark

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, i'm not saying what u said was wrong..might be true. i read recently in my local daily, an article just on him. he's always surrounded by bodyguards, about his 'billionaire' club in rome, his playboy lifestyle. however, at least he acheived things. i mean, renault were nowwhere few years back, yet he transformed they into world champs in just a matter of years. it took jean todt 6 years to turn ferrari into champions and 7 years for them to score a double. how long did it take renault? btws, even if he's arrogant, like i say, at least he achived things. unlike montoya, if u asked me, he;s always been arrogant, but yet, i don't think he achieved anything, in my point of view.

12. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    A bit early to start a thread like this I think, but here are my thoughts of what will happen in '06. With so many major rule changes for the '06 season, and now the return of tyre changes, I believe Ferrari will be very competitive again because they are the only team with the resources and without any major personel changes (If you think that Newy's departure will not hurt McLaren, you are kidding yourself). The weakest link with Ferrari is now Massa, I am not saying that he is a terrible driver, but just the weakest link. KR, JPM and FA will split the points with MS collecting enough to win the WDC. As for the WCC, it could either go to McLaren because they have the strongest driver lineup or to Ferrari if Massa can be competitive and be consistant. Not to take anything away from FA and Renault, as FA will remain to one of the best in today's F1, but I just don't think Renault will be as strong as it is in '05. I also think that Toyota, Honda and Red-Bull will challenge for wins next year. The 2006 F1 season has the potential to be a great one.

13. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:

That no one can take away from him, he did acheive and deserves everything he has. But I just lost what respect for him I had, like I said before, when he acted as if winning the WCC was worthless. I don't think the head of a team should act in such a way when in fact it does mean a great deal. Especially to the surrounding team members. It almost seems to me like disregarding the work the team did and celebrating one man, which is not how a team should be run (at least to me).

Mark

14. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    yupz....in a way, i do agree with u. well, just for the record, i think FA is arrogant as well. i must say, i was really supporting over kimi the 1st half of the season, i've always said that FA is a more briliant driver than kimi. but i totally lost all my respect for him and stop supporting him after the european gp in nurburgring. his post-race comments were really 'irrelevant'. if i'm not wrong, he said things like, ' we were fast all weekend' 'we knew we will catch mac anyhow' ' we were as fast as them, today we proved our pace' . this is all rubbish. mac were practically running away with the race, right till kimi's suspension failure. he was just damn freaking lucky to win that race. yet his comments were as if they were the Right ones to win the race. i seriously think he doesn't have any sportsmanship. look at spain '01, mika was leading all the way till the engine failed him few corners away from the flag, and michael took the victory. post race, michael said ' i do not like to win a race with this circumstances'. he was manly enough to admit that for that particular weekend, ferrari was struggling compared to mika and mac. bah....unlike FA..'we knew we will catch mac' maybe he only realised the only he was catching him was when kimi was slowing down to nurse the damage.

15. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:

100% agree with you about FA. Those same comments brought about the same feelings for him you are describing. He realy doesn't act like a proper sportsman or champion in my eyes.

Mark

16. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If McLaren can sort out their reliability problems, they will be the ones to beat. I have to say I dont think Renault are going to be much of a factor next year - dont know why. I certainly dont think they will be in the championship running.

As for Ferrari, I tend to think they may not improve much next year. I hope they do, but I think the gravy train may have stopped. I read an article about their computer power gap possibly overcoming crappy bridgestone tires. I think that may be accurate. Its a major toss up next year with the new engine and chassis and tires, but I think Michelin has the leg up on tires and McLaren had the leg up on tires + chassis, so Ferrari is certainly starting off a little behind.

I think Ferrari will be up next year, but not a ton. McLaren will be up. Renault will be down a little (2nd place). BAR will be up a little. Sauber will be up quite a bit. Minardi the same. Red Bull about the same. Toyota about the same, down a little. Williams will be down but about the same as 05. Jordan (or whatever) - down down down.