Chicago- who knows the city? | FerrariChat

Chicago- who knows the city?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by lawandorder360, Dec 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NE Ohio
    I posted this in the Off Topic section and was told that you guys could help :)

Here it goes: I'm looking to move to Chicago in the near future, looking for a nice condo with a top of the line kitchen, hardwood floors, etc. I've been looking on realtor.com, and ive found some nice places, but they don't appear to be in very nice neighborhoods. Can anyone tell me the best suburbs/places to live in Chicago? I'm looking for:

The abovementioned housing needs-with a max price of about 300K

A nice neighborhood where I might be able to park a Benz outside

Location/proximity to or in the city

Anyone? Thanks!

Oh BTW I've already used dreamtown.com to try and find possible places, but i'm really annoyed with the site layout. anyone got any other sites?

2. Aj2488

Aj2488 Rookie

Oct 21, 2004
    Wheaton IL.
    Full Name:
    Alex
    You should check out Wheaton or Naperville. Both are very nices places to live, and only about 45 minutes from downtown.

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I already responded to you to PM and I might be able to help

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Being in the 250 to 300 range, finding a condo with indoor or private parking, in a reasonably safe neighborhood, in or near Chicago, should not be a difficult task.

5. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Thanks for the help guys. At the moment, I'm just considering moving, but if I do decide to buy i'll post with more questions. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

6. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    It's a way if you work downtown, but I would suggest the north shore suburbs, Wilmette, Winetka, Glencoe, Highland Park, parts of Evanston near Nortwestern...

7. Josh M

Josh M Rookie

Jan 2, 2006
    Madison WI
    Full Name:
    Josh Morey
    When were you planning on moving? I'm looking at buying into some new construction condos that should be completed by next spring and the price on them is very reasonable, especially for downtown