F430 REAR CAMERA | FerrariChat

F430 REAR CAMERA

Discussion in '360/430' started by chris430, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    DEAR FRIENDS
    HAVE YOU SEEN BALFAS REAR CAMERA? LOOKS GREAT TO ME AND ALSO VERY PRACTICAL FOR PARKING, IS IT DIFFICULT TO INSTALL? DO I HAVE PROBLEMS IF I HAVE FERRARI BLUETOOTH IN THE CAR? THE ALPINE RADIO IVA D310 LOOKS PERFECT.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

2. 512lover

512lover Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2005
    So. Cal
    Yes seen it, it's a awesome setup that works purposely. BTW ALL CAPS ARE AS READ AS SHOUTING! Cheers.

3. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I agree, it is a cool setup.

You might want to consider waiting for the new crop of head units due out in April. The big thing at CES in Jan. is expected to be integrated Bluetooth with the multimedia/navi/camera systems. There have been many people who've posted on this board that mention problems with Bluetooth pairing on the factory unit so I think this is a safer bet since they will have much newer firmware and hence less possibility for compatibility issues.

I'm considering a similar setup. So far, I'm looking at building some custom rails for the Alpine (so it comes out an inch further than on Balfas' post) or a Kenwood. The screen can come out to 3 inches past the faceplate on the Kenwood BTW. This allows you more flexibility to adjust the screen extension/tilt so that it is perfect for your seating position. With an unmodified Alpine, the screen will tilt only to a 90 deg angle.

WRT camera position, I am considering mounting it higher and pointing it downwards rather than in the diffuser.

Just my thoughts......

4. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I think the only problem will be wiring the camera back into the car as you have to get into the firewall with all other electrical cables to do it properly, and that is very time consuming. but cool setup

5. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    Thanks Hamptons

Pioneer will be one of the firstones with all integrated unit, I will be waiting to see CES news.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

6. Calimero

Calimero Karting

Oct 2, 2005
    Tree 7, Branch 4
    Full Name:
    Aythya marila
    There is also Park Distance Control on the options list nowadays.
    So you don't need the rear camera anymore.

7. Black Brumby

Black Brumby Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    Cayman Islands
    That's interesting. Have just finalised my order for a F430 for April 06 delivery (UK) and this was not on the options list.

Do you have any more details/info on this ?

8. Calimero

Calimero Karting

Oct 2, 2005
    Tree 7, Branch 4
    Full Name:
    Aythya marila
    Last month I received a phone call from my dealership.
    They presented me two new options : PDC and heated seats.
    I only took PDC. I will never drive my F430 during winter so that option is useless to me.

I have no pics and I forgot the price.
    It was not cheap like everything on a Ferrari.