yet another speeding tik (MD) question ... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

yet another speeding tik (MD) question ...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by WCH, Dec 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  2. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    "BJ"
    ROFLMAO

3. niphilli

niphilli Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    My humble opinion is to get a lawyers opinion (if you can find one you trust). They have their ways of snaking out of things sometimes, and an honest one will tell you if he cannot help.

When I was 20 and in college I got a ticket for like 46 in a 35 (in a bright red Trans Am). I went to court and told the judge I was guilty, that I was definately speeding but did not realize I was going that fast. I told him I was sorry and asked if there was anything I could do to keep my driving record clean (public service, driving school..etc). He asked the officer how my attitude was when he pulled me and the officer replied that I was very respectful. The judge let me go to driving school because of my previous record (or lack of).

If your friend was not polite to the officer than FORGETABOUT IT. If he was polite it might be worth a try. The fact that he was driving a Ferrari may not help, but to be honest I dont even know if the judge looked at the type of car that I was driving.

I have an 03 Z06 Corvette and am still decently young (26) and I have been very surprized at how well officers have treated me. The one time I was pulled over it was for 35 in a 25, I did not have a front plate, and was driving on an expired county sticker. I was shocked when I did not get a ticket (I guess he probably saw that I had a clean record). He said "I know its a corvette and it looks bad, but please put on a front tag". I guess it is all the luck of the draw on who you get.

4. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    The best possible thing to do, especially in moco is to schedule a court date, and then re-schedule it. You can use some bs excuse, especially for a traffic violation as to why you need to reschedule. This increases the odds that the officer won't show by a huge percentage. First off, they try to schedule multiple appearances per officer per day, so having yours be different always helps. Also, sometimes the officer isn't notified, and other times, he(or she) wont care enough to go out to court for one case. Whatever it may be, do your best to book and reschedule your court appearance! BTW- best of luck with the whole process.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    If you reschedule--the courts will reschedule on that officers next court day. Not just some random day. All police officers in MD have court days assigned dy the District Court in Annapolis. So I know a year in advance when my court days are. Example my court days for Nov. 2006 are the 4, 17, 23. The other problem with that theory is most police agencies in MD have policy about court apperences. If the officer misses court---he gets fined. If anything it makes it more diffucult for the def. What if the next court notice gets lost in the mail, you move and dont get it, etc. You miss court, you get a FTA then a suspended license. Try it if you like but my advice is to plead guilty and ask for a PBJ..... Been around this for 10 years now, so I have seen alot of stuff.

6. gonnagetone

gonnagetone Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    dc metro area.
    Full Name:
    venky
    listen to rob/285 ferrari
    .. ive been a around the block (about 10 appearances) (as a def) and have to agree.. if he will coach take his coaching :)

may the force be with you ..

7. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  8. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    It is a Southeast/Mid Atlantic plea.

"Prayer Before Justice"

When I lived in NC, a 17 year old girl's lawyer asked for a PBJ before he sentenced the young lady to driving school and a $500 fine....speeding and passing a stopped school bus...at least she got to keep her license, which I think was their strategy.

MB

9. j3hff

j3hff Karting

Nov 13, 2005
    if you plead guilty in maryland to a moving violation.. theirs a range of the violations here specifially they will automatically lower both points and fine when you show up in court.. it still may work in your case

10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    In Md it is---- Probation Before Judgement.