I got a ticket. | FerrariChat

I got a ticket.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Male Mule, Jan 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Male Mule

Male Mule Karting

Nov 27, 2005
    America
    I was driving to San Gabriel this morning with a fellow employee. We were going east on the San Bernardino freeway. We saw a car pool lane and took it. Where I live, the car pool lanes have off ramps before most streets off ramps. Well, this one does not. After going 8 to 10 miles, I got worried. Finally, Del Mar came up and still no way to get out of the car pool lane legally. After another 2 miles, I said the heck with it and got into the regular lanes. Opps. A red and blue light was in my rear view mirror. Nuts. I got an unsafe lane change ticket. The only good thing is it is not, according to the CHP Officer, a moving violation.

Have any of you had this problem?
    :(
    12 cylinders or walk

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Sorry to hear, good news is my lawyer can take care of it easily, if you are interested PM me can I will give you the contact info.

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How is it not a moving violation? Just curious.

4. sergiok

sergiok Rookie

Oct 14, 2004
  5. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I am curious also, how is a unsafe lane change not a moving violation ?

Just wondering.

6. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    it's a moving violation for sure.

7. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    I got a ticket for using the car pool lane illegally (only one person in my car). This was not a moving violation and was treated just like a parking ticket. No increase in insurance costs and no need to go to traffic school.

I can't comment on the situation of exiting the lane illegally which could be considered dangerous my some people (thus would seem like a moving violation). Call the number on the back of the ticket and they will confirm one way or the other.

Let us know how it ends up.

8. AJUFC

AJUFC Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Brea OC, Cali
    As a former cop, I can tell you that the unsafe lane change, crossing the double yellow, IS a moving violation...

Using the HOV lane by yourself is NOT a moving violation... check and see what section you were cited for.