I just stumbled on a 348 Ferrari for sale in the $3,000-$7,000 range???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I just stumbled on a 348 Ferrari for sale in the $3,000-$7,000 range????

Discussion in '348/355' started by 348_project_car, Jan 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Then if that's the case the car insn't missing the rear tail light grill, it never came with it. If it came with carbon/kevlar seats then it quite well be a special.

OK, you lost me there.

2. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Okay, i just did a search on the sybian thing...............

how embarrassing, its some kind of sex machine for women

Im married with three kids, whats sex.................................

But the good news is the sex machine is worth $1,000 bucks new.

maybe I could peddle that and put the $$$ into the car

3. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    special, you mean like a loser???? like a winner, yea this car sounds like a winner.

This sybian thing is up front under the bonnet

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    You might have a 348 Series Speciale... only a 100 of those were made. Here's a brief over view of them:
    If it is one it'll say it on the drivers side door plate.

5. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    No as in Speciale... I didn't put the "e" on it for the Italian spelling. Which makes me the only looser. :rolleyes:

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    If this car is a 348ss is it worth pumping the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (takes another breath) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get running rather than part out?

7. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I never knew that, I saw that rear taillight treatment once I just thought it was a model year thing. hmmmmmmmm

thxs

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Not worth reviving even if it is a 348ss. The parts are worthwhile to sell, and like someone posted earlier, you can get enough for a big chunk of what a nice 348 would cost. Or maybe enough for a complete 308GT4 or Mondial. I would go that route if you don't have extra cash and really want to have a Ferrari to drive.
    BT

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    But don't sell the sybian thing. You will need it when you pick up women in the 308GT4 or Mondial.
    :)
    BT

10. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I am going to take a chance and buy this thing, I think it will take around $4,000-$5,000 cashiers check and about 15 Franklin's to grease the palm to get it done. I need to do this in the next week before the courts get involved. I don't know what I am going to do with it yet, maybe I will get sick of it hogging Dad's airplane hanger and sell it. But for now were going to stick it in there. I like to keep $50,000 emergency $$$ for a rainy day, and I gotta hunch that if I start fixing this thing I could burn through my savings pretty quickly. My guess is I might have to throw $20,000 into it, or a whole lot less if I end up doing some of the work myself over the next couple of years. So I would end up having $26,000 in a well sorted out 92, 348 with a salvage title. I would not sell the car, probably give it to my kid in fifteen years if it still runs.

The easy thing would be to part it out, double my money and give everyone some good deals, but I think I could get myself kicked out of Ferrarichat doing that.

I think these Ferrari parts are just too dam high, new or used from my readings. I think there is a unneccesary markup going along because they are simply for a Ferrari. I was contemplating parting this thing out over the next year. But I am starting to wonder if thats a bad idea. By me passing good deals along on these parts I would be undercutting our sponsors. Who also provide our valuable insight into fixing these cars. I have a new in the box fold up targa top, probably a $1,500 part. I got some guy that all he could do is bash me for peddling some of the parts, a gearbox, and a sales plug that he is making those targa tops himself. Think he could of told me what the thing is worth, nope!!!, why??, cause he wants to sell you one!!!!!!!!! I guess what sets me off is when he tells me Lyle Tanner is a quality joint, I will reserve my opinion on that one, call his previous partner at Silver Star, thats the place that owned the parts where Lyle was last at. So me selling this thing to Milt for $600 bucks cuts into Jack Wallace's Racing business.
    Geez!!!

So that I don't get myself kicked off the board, If I part this thing out I might do it on ebay. If I peddle a used Tubi with test pipes included for a bargin price of $800 through Ferrarichat I think some people might lose a little tiny business and get offended. I think its better to make peace rather than enemys. I think I better use this website for gaining knowledge, not passing deals along, the Ferrari Parts Gods just wouldn't like that.

Most of us are individuals trying to keep the marque on the road, but there are a few that are here to sell parts and keep those prices up. Kinda sucks, e-mail me privately if your interested in some parts, in case I cut this thing up I want to pass some savings along.

11. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hey, that's why we have www.FerrariAds.com as an adjunct to FerrariChat. You just have to be a subscriber (which is as low as $15) to post there... no problem.

12. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    yaa, good idea, I should keep the parts talk for the Ad's. I can't get in trouble there for selling stuff cheap right.

thanks

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ok, Dale. listen.

You probably won't care, but you're really coming off as a jerk right now.

The sponsors aren't trying to rip you off nor restrict trade. You asked for opinions, you're going to get them. You're not going to like all of them -- that's life. You should have heard what people said about my plan to add a trailer hitch to my 328.

If you choose to rebuild this car, you're going to need help from this community. Coming in here with your guns blazing is only going to isolate you from one of the best online Ferrari DIY resources in the world. It may also isolate you from enthusiasts in your own town -- there's a strong Ferrari club or two in Chicago, and there's a lot of crossover between the real world and Ferrarichat.

Time to relax and perhaps apologize to the people you've basically called thiefs and liars.

Quite sincerely,
    Tillman

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I really don't think an individual who parts out a single car to get funds for a future car purchase (or for other uses) will be bashed at all here. The 'seller' you refer to as Jack Wallace does make a living selling parts to many people on this board. He also answers tons of questions and gives people information that does not result in his profit. If he does not make a large profit on the items he does sell, believe me it is by his choice. I believe the majority of people here would pay extra due to the constant attention to detail and customer oriented approach that Jack Russell Racing (Ricambi America) takes in every aspect of their business. I really think you should have researched the posts here more before making accusations. An apology is in order.
    BT

15. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)

I second to this opinion. Jack Russell Racing (Ricambi Racing) has been nothing but a great asset to all 348 owners in this forum. I have learned a great deal and received some help from Jack Russell Racing. Two thumbs up for JRR.

16. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    I still think you should do it :)

17. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    PLEASE do one of the following:

Opition 1:

1. Pick up camera
    2. Travel to within about 8' of said car
    3. Take pictures until you run out of battery power or film
    4. Develop and post pics immediately

Option 2:

1. Get cold feet
    2. PM me the GPS coordinates of said Series Speciale 92 348
    3. Cover ears
    4. Recover from resulting sonic boom and tornado as I pass by.

This is simply a no brainer regardless of what you decide to do. Go buy it.

18. Lip Service

Lip Service Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2005
    I have this horrific vision of somebody buying it and putting in a small block chevy.

19. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

20. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Looks like you have a real project there! Take some overall pictures if you have time. It still seems like quite a good deal to me, there are many good parts (apparantly) from the pictures you posted. Good luck with the project!
    :)
    BT

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Hey I just remembered. There is someone here who is going to be replacing the entire fuel management system on their 348 soon. They want to sell all the current (factory) fuel system parts. Maybe you could get a good deal if you need new ECU's etc... I agreed to buy one of the exhaust ECU's from the seller. The seller is Ferrari348Turbo. you should send him a PM to see what he has that you can use.
    BT

22. 348_project_car

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I have to buy a new fuse panel as you can see, have that lined up with Daniel when I get back from a week hiatus. I didn't even beat him up on price, and he still came in $50 less then one of the largest parts suppliers in the country. He is a pretty good guy, he knows how to suck up to a country boy, he sent a hat with the last order that I wear all the time, and I like giving him the business, of course the business I giving him is much better than the business I was giving him before :). My mom just had a small stroke so I won't get to work on the car for about a week as I am helping there. When things settle down, going to start into the 1st box of stuff from Daniel, for example start applying the stabilant everywhere. Planning to disassemble the car further, and figure out what its going to take to make it roadworthy, and if its viable.