Henry Tran Stockton memorial drive Feb 12, 2006 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Henry Tran Stockton memorial drive Feb 12, 2006

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by meantestarossa, Jan 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spidey

spidey Karting

There is a Starbucks across the shopping center parking lot (off Hacienda and 580)from Barnes and Nobles. I am usually there every weekend !

2. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    ...and it's next to Jamba Juice.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You know, I have eaten lunch at the Thai restaurant (right next door to the aforementions "Starbucks") at least three times, and it never registered!
    I guess I have to work on following that rule, "Wherever you are, be there".
    :)

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Nice seeing everyone.

--Dan

5. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    coming thru tracy @ 3:30pm saw you guys on hwy 205, black 575m in front, didn't really know henry at all but the story about how he took the news of his sickness from brian crall i WILL NEVER FORGET!!!! the fact that there were so many cars on this drive says volumes.

6. calbear

calbear Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Joon Lee
    It was a great day to remember Henry. To see all the wonderful people turn out in his honor is something to be appreciated. The drive went without a hitch. It was very kind of the builder to give us a tour of the Tran residence, and lunch was fantastic at Wente. The waiter said I would not have a finer tasting pork chop, and he was right.
    Having everyone introduce themselves and relaying a little information about how Henry affected their lives was very moving, and I'm excited to have the picture and plaque made for Stephanie and the family. Thank you again David and Si for making the long trip from SoCal to here and back with Henry's F355. Thanks Ron for setting it all up. Looking forward to next year's trip down to David and Si's place for partying all night and Crystal Cove the next morning.

Take Care,
    Joon

7. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    Much Thanks to everyone that came out to get together in memory of our friend Henry Tran and do something like this. Henry's family would sure be proud to see that he had so many friends that loved him. Thank you David and Si for coming such a long way to bring Henry's Ferrari for the drive. Have a safe trip back home. Thank you Joon for gaining us access to Ruby Hill and also the tour of Henry's home. Nice seeing old friends today and also meeting new ones that turned out for the drive. What a parade of multi colored Ferraris that was! My sincere appreciation to all of you. See you all next year at Crytal Cove!

Ron

8. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Ron,Si,David,Joon,

Very enjoyable and touching event for Henry.Ron, thank tyou very much for getting in contact with everyone and the great effort to put this together.It was really great seeing the "Great Stockton Bunch" again.It's been too quiet for a year now.Spring and summer is coming and it's time to start driving the great Italian Beasts again!!

Best regards,
    Cal

9. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    To all, whose lives have been touch by my husband, Henry Tran, I want to take this opportunity to express my deepest, heartfelt appreciation and thank you for attend his memorial car drive. Your thoughtfullness and friendship have brought immeasurable warmth and profound comfort to the children and I. I have lost my best friend, a loving and devoted husband and father. But to you all, a friend whose, love for cars (porche/ferrari), also extend to his love for his friends to the end. I also want to thank those who have sent their thoughts, prayers and condolences after his passing last year. Reading them ,30 pages print out of Ferrari-Chats given to me by a friend, brought both laughters and tears to my eyes, I can't wait to share them with the children.
    A special thanks to Ron McDaniel,for setting up the memorial, Joon, Phil and the Stockton Ferrari enthusiasts for attending Henry's funeral services (Sorry it took so long). Your presents was sincerely appreciated. Also, many, many thanks David Pham and Si Nguyen for taking care of Henry's toys and kewping it warm for Andrew (our 2.5 yrs old son).Perhaps, one of these days, Andrew can tag along with his godfather Si and David to one of the car rally and see why his father was so passionate about Ferrari and how he lived life with a full throttle.
    Sincerely, Stephanie

10. SIVAN

SIVAN Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    Lake Forest, CA
    Full Name:
    Si Van Nguyen
    Hi everybody, that was a great drive! The cars were beautiful, especially in motion. Did anybody take pictures of that new 430 with the eye candy? They were awesome! Especially the sounds of that 430 as it flies past you on the open road! I think there were almost 30 Ferraris going from Stockton to Ruby Hills. It was a great turn out. Thanks alot Ron and Joon and everybody. David and I had a great driving trip up from OC on Saturday morning to Stockton, then to Sacramento for a log home convention, then to San Jose, then back to Stockton for the meet, then to Ruby Hills for lunch, then to Monterrey for clam chowder, then back to OC by midnight on Sunday. Our 355 Spyder (that used to be Henry's and now belonging to David) was performing flawlessly. We did got pull over for doing 95 on the way to Stockton, but the kind highway patrol officer let us go with just a warning. We could not believe it. David said Henry was watching out and pulling some strings for us, like he always loved to do when alive.
    Hey Ben, your pictures turned out great, please keep posting them!
    Whenever you guys are in the OC, look us up, we will drive you around.
    Hope to see you all next year, Si

11. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I had a wonderful time. It was really a pleasure to see Ron, Jason, Pat and a bunch of others, as well as meet some new people on such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all again next month.

BTW Ron, you still have to post that video clip of the 430.

12. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    Ron and Everybody...

Thank you all for making Nancy and me feel so welcome. While we never met or knew Henry it was clear by your collective actions that he was quite a fellow. We look forward to many more gatherings and drives with our new found friends.

Tom & Nancy Lassen