Cayman S...! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cayman S...!

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 134282, Feb 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott.waldon

scott.waldon Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The first time i saw a pic of this car i thought it looked a bit weird but now everythime i see it i wanna go and buy one right now :D, lol, very nice car, i really like the photo of the rear badge, looks great with the water

2. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Title: MotorWeek
    Episode: Z06-Viper-Cayman
    Description: The 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe and 2006 Porsche Cayman; 2007 Saturn Vue Green Line Hybrid; Jeep Liberty Diesel.
    Showing: Date Time Channel
    2/25/2006 10:30AM 21 WLIW (eastern standard time)

3. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    NNO- I went to my dealer a few days ago, and test drove a black one....that car was incredibly gorgeous, much much better than the yellow! I should've thought to take pics for you....no black wheels though

My impressions were very good, it was wet out when I drove it, and it handled very well....good range of power, comfortable, quick, and everything a Porsche should be.

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Great photos Carbie.

I really like the car.

What a great place to put an engine, al a 246GT!

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's a question someone more knowledgable would have to answer... But I've always felt that Porsche was hugely underrated and that what I've learned about the cars and the company tell me that they'll always be in contention to be considered one of the top sports car companies, whether or marques and/or enthusiasts like it or not...

6. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    Carbon,

Very ironic you posted those pics, as I probably just missed you at the dealership Saturday. Yeah, it was a wet, rainy and rather boring day, so I decided to get out the house and ended up looking at and sitting in that yellow Cayman S. I had the sales guy crank the engine, as it was almost closing time (no time for a test drive), and it sounded nice, but needs an aftermarket exhaust, lowering springs (HR) and the sport seat option. With a few other after market "goodies", it should be a very nice and dependable car for daily driving. The price is about $10K too high, but just wait a few months for a nice used one, as that Yellow example was "used" with 300 miles. I seem to recall reading somewhere, that the engine actually uses the 3.6 liter heads, so I would fully expect Porsche to continue its development to maybe become a Baby GT3. The red Cayman you saw was their demo car, available for test drives.

Anyway, the Cayman S is on my list for a potential "buy".

Brian S.