Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by YH8T, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP
    This Enzo crash thread is gettin a lot funnier than the last one.;-)

2. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    does it really say that in the Enzo?

3. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Don't be so down.....when a Ferrari gets cut in half, much like an earthworm, each side just grows back to form 2 complete new cars. ;)

I'm happy the passengers are alright....but let's not get too sad over this, any car that is raced & pushed is subject to crashing. I know several drivers who push their cars through the canyons...this could be any one of them. Just shows it's best to do it on a track and w/o alcohol involved.

4. rockdad

rockdad Karting

Jan 3, 2006
    OC, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We have you at the scene Joe. Paris is spilling everything, she says you were the SLR driver, you better rat on her before they offer her immunity. By the way, she says at least you're a better driver than that dude who drove her Bentley R into the back of the truck.
    If you have any sense you'll lawyer up and swear Paris was the driver.

5. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Please NO top speeding on open public highway... there are too many unexpected factors; dogs, cats, motorcycle, locals,... DO it on a closed Freeway or elevated highway... you face the police anyhow. We do it on our elevated highway for years.
    ...glad no one got hurt in this crash.

6. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    an older Enzo can crash at 120mph into a pole and the occupants can just walk away, yet the newer F430 has airbags that arent up to US standards?? Am I missing something here :p

7. m3j0n

m3j0n Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    according to the latest cbs article, the car was more likely doing around 120 rather than the "at least 200mph" that i heard in the video. they also named the "possible driver and passenger" as well as the owner of the car.

"Stefan Erikssen, 44, of Los Angeles, and a Swedish national, told authorities he was the owner of the destroyed Ferrari Enzo. Erikssen, whose blood-alcohol level was .09, claims he was the passenger at the time of the crash, and that the driver ran off after the crash, Sheriff’s Sgt. Philip Brooks said.

Erikssen told police that a German named Dietrich was driving the car. Police say the Ferrari may have been involved in a race with a Mercedes."

8. howard

howard Karting

Feb 21, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
  9. Aj2488

Aj2488 Rookie

Oct 21, 2004
    Wheaton IL.
    Full Name:
    Alex
    my condolences to the Enzo

10. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  12. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    At 3 times the price of the 430, the Enzo is constructed a bit differently.
    It's indeed interesting how in Enzo crashes, and those of some other Fcars, the rear end gets snapped off. It would be interesting to find out if it's an intentional design feature or not.

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I looked up that part #. It is for the sewage vent return valve on a 2004 Winnebago.

14. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
  15. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    So did the Merc driver just piss off aswell after watching the other car fly into a pole and split in half while the engine carried on down the road in the lane next to him?

16. Linus77

Linus77 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    IJ
    the SEMA pic has a "Pirelli" sticker on the front left fender of the car. i didnt see any such sticker on the crashed enzo

17. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    TRUST ME. Its the same car. Stickers are removable ;)

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I posted this on another forum. Please read it and think before you post

Original thread here: http://www.*************/PitLane?viewThread=true&bottom=30&gID=0&fID=2&tID=75744

Me (responding to some rather immature remarks from some people):

Wow. You guys really do amaze me. I take the time to explain about the guy and crash and all i hear is how he's an idiot and a theif etc. I was going to say why his enzo sounds like it does, but after reading the last few comments, i really don't think any of you would care. You seem happy just bashing him.

And to Panditha676, "and yet hes an idoit for doing this.". I assume you can say this because you've never made a mistake? People #$%# up, sometimes some people #$%# up in bigger ways than others. This guy happened to make a mistake in his enzo, how is this different from someone else street racing in a less expensive machine? Because he owns an enzo means he is incapable of making a mistake? He screwed up, yes, and happened to do it in his Enzo. Its not like he meant to do it. Seriously, grow up.

Someone else:

er dude, he was drunk as a skunk

Me:

Like i said, he #$%#ed up. Would we be talking about it if it had been a "normal" car? Lots of people get drunk and crash. We don't talk about them but suddenly an enzo owner crashes he immediatley is an idiot and deserves to die? C'mon. Also, he has to deal with the fact he totalled his enzo. Its all good for us to sit behind our screens and bash the guy but its not like he doesn't care. I've met him, he was a real nice guy and i hope he learnt from this, but should he go to jail forever? No. Did he deserve to die? No.

/Rant

Please read the above and try to put yourselves in his shoes and instead of bashing him, realize that this is a good example of why you shouldn't drink and drive. What if he had crashed into a school bus or a van with a family in it? He was very lucky to walk away from this, not everyone does.

19. AREITU

AREITU Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Jeez guys. It's just a car. ;)

Be glad the only thing that's gonna hurt is someones bank account!

20. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

very very nice guy, very cool person, not a native so.cal person but on many occaisions I have ran into him b/c of one of the cars I was helping a friend & customer sell and he is a neighbor.

I asked him to bring the ENZO down too the meets @ VCR on sundays.
    and he doesnt live near Mailbu.

21. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    um, are there people still scraping up fragments off PCH now ????

22. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    FROM LA COUNTY SHERIFF - LOST HILLS/MALIBU STATION

The passenger is also the registered owner (and only person found at scene) and his name is Stefan Erikson, a Sweedish national who lives in Bel Air/Beverly Hills.

He hasn't been charged. He claims he was the passenger and that a guy named "Deitrich" (sp?) was the driver and he fled the scene. "Deitrich" is a German fellow and that's all he knows about him. It was either a witness or Erikson that said that they were racing an Mercedes/McClaren SLR when suddenly the car became airborne.

I'm told that Stefan did allegedly blow beyond legal limit, but he claims he wasn't driving. Sheriff awaiting results from blood test (driver's airbag had blood on it).

Speed is estimated at 120 mph.

23. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    damn i really want to see the result on who was driving.

24. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

as long as the driver & passenger are physically okay.. that's all it matters... car can be replaced, matters can be solved but can't bring back the lives...

thank God Ferrari makes such a strong car... i hope the best for both of the driver & the passenger :)