Help!?!? I'm looking to buy a titanium 6 speed 430. | FerrariChat

Help!?!? I'm looking to buy a titanium 6 speed 430.

Discussion in '360/430' started by squidracing, Feb 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. squidracing

squidracing Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm looking for that elusive needle in the haystack - I'd like to buy a new/used titanium 6 speed 430. I've called all the dealers and brokers and thought I'd see what good old ferrarichat knew. So......anyone want to part with such a car for a good premium?

2. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    What's a good premium....lol

On a serious note, what are you looking to pay, I've been accused of finding needles in haystacks before. :D

3. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks for your reply. I'll pay what the market demands. (I've owned 4 Ferrari, I'm familiar with the game) The difficult part of this transaction is finding what I'm looking for.

4. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    coupe or spider?

5. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    coupe please.

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    You're talking about my car :) but unfortunately I'm really not ready to sell it.

Gary

7. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    6-speed?! hahahah... Good luck!!! It's a shame, isn't it? Great freakin choice, but I bet it takes awhile to find it. Good luck!

8. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    FOH has a silver one if you can compromise. You certainly have a tough search. I figure US is getting about 800 430's a year. Probably 200 are coupes. Maybe 10% of those are sticks. At least half are red, probably a quarter are balck. That leaves about 5 stick shift coupes that are other colors. Sorry to make it sound so tough. Have you tried advertising in the market letter and FCA newsletter? Another thought is to ask the dealer if someone who is in line for a stick shift coupe might be willing to make a deal ahead of time so you can order it the way you want.

Good luck,
    Dave

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

10. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
  11. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks Hardtop....good insight.

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    MATT KNOW OF ONE BUT F1

13. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    tx a lot, but needs to be 6 speed

14. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Matt,

I may be able to help you with my network of dealers/brokers. I just put the word out and several are on the move in search. For the past year, I've sourced out and helped F-Chatters find their cars, so hope we find this on to spec. PM Sent ---->>>

Bhane

15. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
  16. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
  17. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    thanks to all for the heads up on the ferrari of silicon valley 430. i spoke with charlie over there before i posted here. the 5k miles throw me off.....paying a big premium is cool, but not for a car with miles. patience is my middle name, something will come along. with the 'great eyes and ears' of fchat, i'm sure of that!

18. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Found a spider.....no coupes anywhere yet though.

19. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    thanks! still trying to find the needle in the haystack!

20. Future F430 Driver

Jul 31, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    JT
    Have you searched www.drautos.com??

I remember seeing a titanium 6spd a few weeks ago?

I just bought a red/beige F430 through a broker in Missouri. He did a great job and helped me keep some money in the bank. I can give you his contact info if you're interested.

21. squidracing

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have checked drautos, nothing there, but I'd love to talk with your broker. If you like to keep their name under wraps, you can PM it to me. Thanks!

22. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Sorry man, but you ask the most impossible ? in the entire world.. the board delivers and you dont want a car with 5K miles?!?! I really dont understand. 5K is broken in, its been driven a little.. so what? These cars may as well be goddam unicorns as hard as it is to find a 6 speed 430 in the color you want.. but 5K is too much?! So what are you looking for? I can guarantee you that NO ONE that is an enthusiast (someone who orders the 6 spd) is going to let the car go right after delivery... you are in for a long and arduous search my friend.

23. AJF1

AJF1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Do you know what they were asking? It was a consignment car and the guy wanted $219, msrp was $180-182k, basically $40k over for a 5k mile 05, the owner wasnt going to budge nuch. I understand he found a needle in a haystack, but the car is above and beyond marketprice. I could understand if it were delivery miles but not 5k, I am guessing that car would sell wholesale for msrp, so I understand why he passed.

24. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Market value is a funny thing. Probably less than 10 of those cars (paint, 6 speed, etc) in the entire USA. You can wait until 2009, when the next model is going to come out, and get your car at the price you want. Or you can work out a deal on this one, or you can buy a car or two from your local dealer, get on the list, and get a new one. Way I see it, you want a car without going through the hoops but you aren't willing to pay market value for those that haven't gone through the hoops. Probably aren't going to get what you want, given that attitude.

Art

25. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul