Anybody in Southeast going to USGP? | FerrariChat

Anybody in Southeast going to USGP?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by ItaliaF1, Mar 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    My dad and I are going this year and I was thinking that we could get a caravan going up(from Nashville). Maybe a few Ferraris? *HINT HINT HINT*

2. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I might be up for it, especially if there are more than 6 cars racing...

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I will be headed back. But the Ferrari will not be coming. There seems to be a lack of space for camping gear and coolers.

4. stormin

stormin Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Norm W
    I've got my tickets already, but I'll be road-tripping there with my kids so no Ferrari....

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i wish i could make it this weekend to see your new 355. if yopu came, what would you come in? a lot of owners don't like putting miles on them like that, but if i had one, i wouldn't be able to resist.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    When are y'all leaving?

If everything goes to plan, I'll be leaving Dallas on Tues, stopping in Little Rock Tues night, Nashville Wed night, and on into Indy on Thurs

Any suggestions for interesting routes between Little Rock and Nashville? I'd like to at least go through Memphis

7. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    we plan on getting there sometime friday and getting checked into the hotel and walking around downtown and stuff, and, of course, go to the qual. saturday.

8. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    i'd be interested in costing out a car hauler. if like eight cars could fit on one truck it may be affordable.

9. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    Really the only way from LR to Nashville is thru Memphis. Then it's a (pretty boring) straight shot from Memphis to Nashville. Very flat land in west TN.

10. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I'd drive the car for sure - the miles don't matter to me at all.

11. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    that's good to hear from a ferrari owner, very cool

12. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn

Nothing interesting from a scenic standpoint. It's a straight shot on I-40. The side roads aren't much to look at. LR has a revitalized downtown area along the river thats nice. Lots of bars and restaurants. If you are a Clinton fan, his new Library is there also (if you are a huge fan you can stop at his boyhood home in Hope!!) LR to Memphis is all Mississippi Delta--flat rice and soybean fields. Memphis has Graceland and some good places to eat. Tunica MS is just south of Memphis if you need a gambling fix. Memphis to Nashville is pretty boring also.

13. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    man, isn't that the truth

14. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    My girlfriend got us some awesome paddock penthouse tickets for the race, and I am tooling with the idea of driving the Ferrari up. I cannot wait! I think having Scott Speed in F1 will redeem the Indy race.

15. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    You definately have to drive it up. I can't imagine how much fun that would be to drive all the way up there in an f-car.

16. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    after last years USGP mess I have decided to go back to Indy, but back to my old stmping ground, where I skipped plenty of classes to go to the speedway.

I am going back to Indiana, but to see the 500.

" when I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash, how I long for my Indana home " .

Brian

17. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    that was touching

18. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    as touching as seeing 33 cars enter trn 1 at 230.

I know I know, its the IRL and yes I agree with everyone else here that it isnt F 1. I couldnt agree more, but still, Indy is Indy.. anytime on can spend time there, Gods own Cathedral, then its pretty impressive. I grew up near the speedway and spent more time there than I ever did in school.

I have a brick from turn 3 that still has il and ruber marks on it.. it was unearthed from the hallow grounds back in the 60's.

I lovethat place and would LOVE to hear Michael come down the straight at full song with that sound bouncing off the stands.. the thought makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck...

19. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    So is anybody from the area taking their car? Lane and I will be going up in the 355, probably Friday...

20. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm going.

Paddock Sec 33, Row VV, Seat 11/12

21. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    We're torn between getting seats at the first corner, or in the paddock area. The first corner a good place to see the race and you don't need earplugs...

The covered paddock keeps you out of the rain and strong sun, but it's REALLY loud with the sound bouncing off all the aluminium seats.

22. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you are interested in 1st corner, let me know. I may have access to a few tickets depending on our final count.

23. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Yeah, I was sitting in the paddock area in '04. It was VERY loud. Anyway, I'll be in section H at the first corner.

24. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  25. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    My wife and I are going.

Leaving Tuscaloosa, AL (in wife's Honda) early Friday morning, June 30.

Staying at the NW Hampton Inn.

Drew Altemara