raikkonen can leave--dennis | FerrariChat

raikkonen can leave--dennis

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Remy Zero, Mar 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  3. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    lol :D

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I think thats a perfect example of the stupid media morons creating a story where there is none.

They make it sound like there is internal strife and Ron told Kimi he can leave whenever he wants. In reality, it was probably Ron's answer to the question about what Kimi is going to do next year.

Basially what Ron said was that he thinks Kimi likes McLaren and he is enthusiastic about the car and its McLarens responsibility to give him a competitive car and they are doing their best to that end. He also said that Kimi is not barred from leaving and if he does leave they will find another drive, but that he thinks Kimi will stay past this year.

But the way the media paints it, you'd think Kimi is threatening to leave and Ron is opening the door to usher him out.

What a bunch of buffoons the media can be. No exciting news? Lets make some up!

5. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

rosberg to replace massa till massa gets his braking techniques right--ross brawn :D :D :D

6. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Mid-season trade, KR for FM. Where is Mark Cuban??!!! :)

If RD mean only half of what was written, I guess we know who the #1 driver for McLaren is for the 07' season already.

7. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I think Kimi is going to Ferrari, and McLaren's 2nd driver is going to be Gary Paffett.

8. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    That's a lie, I just got a call from Ron Dennis about 5 minutes ago. He was asking if I can drive the MP4-22 as Alonso's teammate next year. I told him I will think about it. It appears that he is going down the FerrariChat members lists alphabetically in an attempt to find a new driver. I am so glad my name starts with letter A. :p

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

IMO it'd be a good time for the SF to negotiate with KR, especially if his mechanical problems continue and he's frustrated. This guy just needs a good car under him and look out.

10. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    That's all bull. He knows Kimi thinks the car's a pile and wants to leave, which is why he panicked and grabbed up a contract with Alonso. Because he got that, he can now rest easy.

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    thats the biggest lie. ron just sms-ed me. he said he was looking for asian drivers...it's cheaper...cut cost. lol :D

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Welcome to F1.

13. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    We'll probably see it unfold as the season progresses.

14. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    That would be all well and good except KIMI himself has said that he's hopeful for the season and he thinks he will probably be at McLaren next year. But far be it for me to let facts get in the way of a good BSing!

The drivers who want to leave are obvious - Montoya who says he will sign with whoever offers him $$, Jarno who is telling Toyota to give him a contract or else, etc.

Of course I dont have the inside line into Kimis REAL opinions like you do, so I may just be full of it :)

15. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    What of all the talk of him heading to Ferrari, then? And of Dennis grabbing Alonso?

16. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    All the talk of Kimi going to Ferrari has been wishful thinking. There is ZERO factual basis in it from what I have seen. People speculate about it - Ferrari has said they are interested, Kimi is free next year, so people ASSume it will happen. In reality, Kimi will most likely want to go where he has the best chance of winning and where the money is best. McLaren can certainly afford him and have given him fast cars. If I were Kimi, I would wait and see what happens. Whether MS retires or not would play a big part. What happens with Montoya would play a big part too.

Regarding Alonso, just because he got hired means nothing in regards to Kimi leaving or not. I dont think Kimi is the kind of driver who feels the need to have the "driver 1" title, he lets his driving to the talking. Dennis made a great move - both of his drivers contracts are up next year. McLaren wants to keep Kimi but nobody knows what Kimi will do. If Kimi stays, Dennis has a dream-team package with Kimi + Alonso. If Kimi leaves, he already has a good driver in Alonso. Furthermore, he stole thunder from Renault - his biggest competitor, for the 2006 season. It was a brilliant move - but it means NOTHING in regards to Kimi going to Ferrari.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree with Majestix.

Still afraid the sky might fall on my head though. :)

18. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    The rumour-mill has certainly been predicting that Kimi will move to Ferrari for 2007. Here's the latest:

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Anthony, since you told Ron you had to think about it, he phoned me. Sure glad I'm on spring break this week and didn't miss his call. I told him right off I can offer him an F1 record (he likes this kind of thing) - I can just top Louis Chiron as oldest driver when he took 6th at Monaco; I have prior experience (driven John's shifter kart, raced motorcycles - motocross - I can go fast, reckless if necessary; enduros - I could come from last and know how to make the car last the duration and yet get a podium finish); I have a vested interest in Mercedes (own two); I'm female (only been a couple in F1). I told him I'd have to take his contract offer under advisement.

Carol

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Kimi's management people just visited Toyota. Does anybody really know what is going on?

Its all just guessing right now.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Poor Kimi, why waste a potentially great career?

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

$$$$$$$$$ up front. Then retire and go bar hopping for the rest of his life.

If Kimi went to Ferrari, do you think they would pay him the same as they paid MS in his first year? Doubtful. But if Toyota does not improve this season, they will be desparate enough to pay big $$$ for someone like Kimi for 2007 since in their minds their problem is not the car but the drivers.

23. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Ron, perhaps we've read the same article - excerpt from one I read:

"Sources claim that Raikkonen is likely to finalise his plans around May, when Ferrari are expected to be informed at the latest by Michael Schumacher about whether he intends to remain with them.

Even though Raikkonen has made it clear that he would happily race as Schumacher's teammate, the seven-time world champion may be reluctant for the team to take on board a driver of Raikkonen's stature.

It is widely believed that Schumacher's contracts with Ferrari guarantee him the number one status at the team, and there would be little reason for him to concede on that point with any new deal.

Reports in the German press today are claiming that Schumacher has already indicated that he wants to remain at Ferrari next year following the successful start to their season.

Should Schumacher commit to Ferrari with no change to his number one status, then that would force Raikkonen to either accept continuing with McLaren or decide to take a gamble on Toyota - which would likely offer him the most money. An outside possibility, however, is a switch to Renault."

Carol

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Yes, makes sense. Toyota or Renault, one year contract, MS retires after 2007, then Kimi goes to Ferrari in 2008. Why? Toyota will leave in 2008, if not sooner, if its performance on the track does not improve, and Renault is too tentative with its long term plans. So both of those teams at this time do not offer a really long term potential for someone as young as Kimi.

And if Montoya goes to Renault because of Telefonica, would Kimi want to repeat being on the same team as JPM? One drives with their upper head, the other with their lower head.

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Notice, I did not include Kimi staying at Mclaren. I do not think that would want to be a teammate to Alonso.