430 back to CS ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 back to CS ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Apr 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    Yes, the GT3s at Sebring were 996 GT3. There was 1 997 GT3 in Speed GT series and it was a hair quicker than the 996 GT3s in the last race I saw a week ago, but I am sure the rules adjusts the performance of the car as it has sequential gear box and a few other goodies I believe.

There are quite a bit of differences between GT3 street cars and GT3 cup cars, race cars; and miles of difference to the RSR cars.

2. rick ollis

rick ollis Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rick 458
    you guys make me laugh. A person can't make any comments without "you guys" putting him in his place if his comments arn"t the same as you. I don"t know what I"m talking about and you people are the only "car guys" that know all. Ferrari has your number not mine. They do this at the end of every models life to sell more cars. When the CS hit it was supposed to be very limited 300 or so cars. I believe the final number is around 1200. Some limited number. Only Ferrari can get away with this. Give the idiots less and charge them more. I did not buy my car to display as a trophy as many Ferrari owners do. I enjoy driving hard but also can appreciate a well appointed interior (carpets included) OK boys your turn

3. rick ollis

rick ollis Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rick 458
    you guys make me laugh. A person can't make any comments without "you guys" putting him in his place if his comments arn"t the same as you. I don"t know what I"m talking about and you people are the only "car guys" that know all. Ferrari has your number not mine. They do this at the end of every models life to sell more cars. When the CS hit it was supposed to be very limited 300 or so cars. I believe the final number is around 1200. Some limited number. Only Ferrari can get away with this. Give the idiots less and charge them more. I did not buy my car to display as a trophy as many Ferrari owners do. I enjoy driving hard but also can appreciate a well appointed interior (carpets included) OK boys your turn

4. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    C H A L L E N G E S T R A D A L E ! ! !

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    We have no problem with differences of opinion.
    We just have problem with people spouting of nonsense facts... which you seem full of. For example, ...

They announced it as a limited run... but no number. NOBODY thought it would be 300! That would be less than the Enzo! The rumor at the time was roughly 1200 with roughly 300 going to the US. I know... I was a buyer at the time (when first announced) and I was paying attention. The current estimate is 1200 worldwide and about 353 in the US. No, I don't feel cheated at all by Ferrari on this point... I knew Ferrari had not made an official announcement of the number and was keeping their options open... and yet it came out just about as expected.

Maybe you should open your mind more and your mouth less.
    Just a friendly suggestion,

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    On wide-open tracks, HP will win... and the 430 will beat the CS.
    On tighter tracks, the CS' weight advantage will sometimes allow it to win.

But even if the 430 always wins, I don't care... I didn't buy the CS to "win" a race... I'll never be racing it anyway. I bought it to maximize my fun... both on-track and off. And smaller, lighter, more connected to the road, more nimble, more awesome sound... that's what I bought it for! And that's what I get! If I were to try to improve the CS, it wouldn't be by making it heavier... it would be by making it lighter. Others worship torque and would prefer the 430 over the CS for that reason alone. Such differences are good... otherwise the world would get boring.

Neither the 430 nor the CS are good choices if your goal is to be the fastest around a track... you can smoke either one with a fraction of the cost. But, personally, I don't think you can beat the sensory overload you get from the Stradale!

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    and the CS is better looking!

8. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Neither did I BUT - and it is a big, full-bodied BUT (!) I absolutely love the look on the face of those 430 owners who can't keep up even on super fast tracks like Magny Cours!!

I relish it, love it and it puts everything into perspective. Plus, to take a CS to my limit without any aids is really, really, really B R I L L I A N T.....

better than you know what!

Plus the CS has wonderfully feminine lines and the 430 looks like they sent it down the road to Lamborghini for a make over........

9. thomasmurphy

thomasmurphy Rookie

Dec 14, 2003
    The argument as to whether the 430 or the CS is quicker on the track will likely go on for ever but in my experience both at Moroso and TWS I was quicker than the 430's. However all the 430's were much faster than my 355 Challenge. It gave me the opportunity to reflect on what these cars can do while I was in a fully caged car, suited,with a HANS device only to have someone in a 430 Spider blow by. These cars are very fast and the idea of relying on a web seat belt and air bag to save you during an off course excursion at speed is worrysome. The 430 and CS are not race cars so it should not matter which is faster on a track. They are fast enough.

10. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I fully understand how those with lots of skill and practice love a car with limited or no electronic nanny devices. As I have neither skill nor practice, it is appealing to have a car that can be driven hard with a bit less fear of crumpling your beloved into a lumpy ball. The 430 and the Gallardo have increased appeal for that very reason.

But I hope to take the time to increase both skill and practice. And then find a CS that someone thinks is just too raw and call it my own. The 430 is a great car. But I want a CS very, very badly.

11. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    OUCH!

12. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    100% in agreement. I believe that it is really hard to communicate the driving experience of a CS to someone who has not had the pleasure. Not to say that F430 is less of an experience, no matter if it is faster or slower than a CS on the track, it just has different objectives than the CS.

Ideally, you shouldn't have to choose between CS or F430, but not all of us live in that world...

13. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    One of the reasons I prefer the looks of the 360 over F430.

14. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    a loud mouth, semi-intoxicated, completely clueless Gallardo owner. I was beyond dumbfounded that this jerk, a car dealer no less, could be so wrong about every single aspect of my CS. I wanted to tell him that he was so totally full of sh@t, but since his GF was with him, I kept my mouth shut. You really should do your homework before spewing all of that nonsense out of your pie hole.

15. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    You put it so politely, I wanted to really express myself!

No wonder he is a car dealer ..... All who buy cars should be warned not to go near him.

16. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #66 TexasMike, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Put it in Race mode.

BTW, I would rather have a Rosso Scuderia CS with the stripe than any F430.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner

Right on!

18. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    So going back to the original intent of this thread; how many who bought an F430 went back to a CS? And how many never looked back?

19. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann

I can name 3 in France

20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann

but more importantly:

I tested 2 430s, sold my CS and bought a new CS

21. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    it's the 430's looks that kill. and the CS's charisma and beauty that allure, oh Lord,
    please keep me from a buying another.... for I am weak

22. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

these looks A LOT better than the current F430 IMHO

23. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I think I've said it at least once before. The CS is all cock and no balls, all show and no go, all bark no bite etc..........................................ad infinitum.

CAN'T WAIT TO PUT ONE IN MY GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Peter