F430 Warranty Claims…so far | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 Warranty Claims…so far

Discussion in '360/430' started by cbreed, Apr 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BobR

BobR Guest

Jul 8, 2005
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bob Rouleau
    5000 KMS on 430 F1. Recalls for F1 and E-Diff. Rattle in dash. Build quality on this car impresses me.

Rgds,

2. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Anyone who says their F430 is perfect, has not looked very hard or never drives the car. Anyone can find minor faults in these cars, that's what gives them personality.

3. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Aside any problems relating to the retractable top, it seems the spyders have more problems than the coupes. At least according to the posts so far. Coincidence perhaps? If not, could it be that the coupes have better build quality, and if so, why would that be?

Cbreed, in regards to "personality" of f-cars, call me crazy but I would rather do w/out these minor faults.

-Peter

4. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    6.5 months... 11k miles. No probs at all other than the recalls. One not mentioned is the seat belt thingie on all 430's.

5. Steve13

Steve13 Karting

Sep 5, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve W

I've got #5 - did they manage to fix?
    The electric lumbar support on the driver side has also malfunctioned - yet to have it fixed though.

Other than that 4,000 trouble free miles in 8 months.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I have a client with 2,000 kms on a F430 F1 spider........and no claims yet.

Recalls yes......F1 fluid hoses...etc....but no customer generated issues at this point....and yes....he is fussy.

7. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    again, on the F430 spider, the glove box (or whatever its for) between the two seats, opens up on every pothole or bump in the road. I can close it with my elbow without even looking, I average 2 auto-openings per mile on an average side road.

8. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    Maybe it was built this way so you can use a nice lady passenger to keep it closed.

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For a day or two, my 430 looked perfect through my corsa colored glasses. I was growing concerned Ferrari had actually hired Lexus to secretly make them. But slowly the little cosmetic things began to appear and I was relieved to see it really is built by Italians! I figure it was about a 98 point car when delivered. I'll be happy to take the character flaws as long as it remains mechanically flawless! Knock on Aluminum.

Dave

10. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    F430 2006 4 months old, no problems, everything looks OK, I have not checked all details but I am sure I will find some problems, that is what is beautifull about this car, HAND MADE.

11. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Todd, 11k miles in 6.5 months is awesome! Glad to see you're enjoying it and driving it that much.

12. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
    6 months, 1200 miles,

#3 E-Diff failure requiring flatbed to the dealer.

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The Spiders take longer to build.(can't remember if they're on a different line or not?) IMO they are trying to rush these cars. Also, the workers seem to be getting younger and may not be putting the same attention to detail. At any rate poor build of any sort is not acceptable.

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What's causing the failures? Why the repeats? Is this a paddle car or stick?

Dave

15. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    to the guy that had so many problems with build quality like bad stiching, 'paint' on inside of doors, misaligned gaps in body, orange peely, loose scresw, touch up paint etc, Your car has been wrecked and repaired at the dealer. No way it should be this bad otherwise. I was in the business for years and can spot ANY imperfection in paint, trim, body, interior etc. Mine has NONE of the mentioned issues. I would seriously do some research and dig deeper. Not trying to be mean or scare but seriously those are in no way common.

My body panels are perfect, ON the MONEY, paint is actually fantastic with very little orange peel (for a Ferrari), interior is flawless, nothing loose (and I drive it ALOT) no rattles, stitching is pristine and straight as can be, leather has NO wrinkles or creases etc, And after all this driving, NO wear (not even on bolsters) ok vent over. And, it's not even possible that you are too critical ( i am EXTREMELY critical) so something is definately wrong.

16. RobHulme

RobHulme Karting

Mar 13, 2005
    You maybe right. It may have been wrecked and rebuilt-not by the dealer but by the Factory! I saw the car arrive from Ferrari in the container direct from the factory before the dealer got his hands on it. Oh, by the way, I took delivery of the off-road version which has subsequently been lowered to look like the pics in the 430 berlinetta brochure.

17. hg

hg Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    Just took my car for service and when I asked if there were any recalls...I was told the radio had a campaign issue...I said... What!!! I didn't know I had a radio. I actually have never turned on.
    That goes to show that the F world is full of surprises...and my wife on top of that didn't believe me at first.

18. Nielsq

Nielsq Karting

Dec 23, 2006
    NY Metro Area
    Full Name:
    Nielsq
    7 mos. on 07 Cpe. 3800 miles, no problems.
    Can't seem to drive at speed limit.

19. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    my 05:

broken tailpipe bracket
    weird marks on gauge cluster, replaced whole thing
    cant remember others

my 07:
    going in for squeaky taillights one side(only if you grab them and move em), squeaky rattly passenger seat and other areas on passenger side, loose ferrari badge on rear deck, driver's side door lock inop and passenger side out of adjustment, and to show me how to use the navigation system lol. I might not even have it but a 7300 dollar option stereo better include it. I have a disc in books but no 'card' so not sure.

20. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Here's an update: After 2 years and 9K miles, the rear main seal leaked. I'm told this is very rare. Also had bad squeaks in suspension lubed and moulding around drivers window fixed. I had a problem with front trunk release once, but I got it to work and has not repeated. The engine warning light is on now but I think it's because of fuel cap. We have since had record snows so it will be quite a while before I get it out again. It's had many factory updates performed, lost count. If it becomes a bad boy, I'll probably sell it late 08 or 09.

Dave

21. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I had the rattle on the wind screen as well. My paint was also not very good. They had a bunch of imperfections at the factory and did a lousy job of repair. My exhaust broke at the elbow and had to be re welded. I always felt like the paint job sucked on the car.

22. MARIOF430

MARIOF430 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Portland ,Or.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    2400 miles.. the car has been in for a "vibration" at around 3000rpm , a sticky power window switch.. Both are still there when the weather is better I will resume efforts to get repaired. Other than that car is AWESOME!

23. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    2 years, 16000 miles, lots of track time

Cracked exhaust brakets (twice)
    Cracked Transmission mount.
    needs two tries to put top down (never solved)
    floor mats tie down screws useless (stopped using floor mats)
    Rug edge showing by door

24. CSISNEXT

CSISNEXT Karting

Dec 19, 2007
    07 F430 F1; 3 months (before hibernation!); 1100 miles; only one glitch: low fuel indicator came on prematurely. Was a quick fix while I waited.

25. peloton

peloton Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Ashland, OR
    05 430 spider, 1.5 years, 6500 miles, no problems