Crystal Cove 06-17-06 HD Video | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove 06-17-06 HD Video

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by elsupremo, Jun 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    HD video of Saturday's Crystal Cove is up at http://www.hdinmotion.com
    Remember do not try to stream. Right click and Save As.

It's free, no registration required.

Description: A full show this week with some awesome cars including Aston Martin Vantage, F430, Carrera GT, C6 Z06, 360 Spyder, Jaguar XK, Aston Martin Vanquish, and more.

Still working on audio encoder for .mov format...

Hope you like it. :)

2. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thankfully, Duane from socalspeedzone.com informed me that the video repeated a shot twice. :( Video is on hold until the fix is made and video is re-encoded and uploaded.

Sorry about that, video was created late last night and sleepines hindered the process, I think. Video will be back up soon, hopefully. :)

3. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
  4. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    Good stuff. What kind of hardware do you use to edit? (i may have asked before but I forget)

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    I love the opening sequence ... nicely done!

6. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for the kind comments, guys!

We finally got our video into .MOV format for Macintosh users.

"Our 720p HD High Quality videos encoded in .MOV Quicktime-compatible format for our Macintosh users.
    We will be using a higher-quality codec in a month or so when our editing software supports it. Until then, these videos will closely follow behind our WMV videos in quality."

Our first .mov file is this week's CC video, in the same 720p HD as the WMV. I hope this enables Mac users to enjoy the show in HD!

http://www.hdinmotion.com/local_links.php?catid=40

RyanSD - most of the time we are using a dual AMD 2.6 Opteron system, 4gb RAM, with a whole bunch of hard drives in RAID. That's our primary editing computer. That computer is being upgraded a bit, and our current editing computer is a FX-60 w/HDs in RAID.

Cannoli - Thanks :) We have been filming a lot of scenes from around coastal Orange County, and we're going to continue slipping some of them into our CC vids. :)

7. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    If you are having trouble accessing the file, I know about the problem and am working on fixing it.

8. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Love the footage as usual guys. I was worried you might have missed us as we drove away but I knew you got us coming back. So it was a happy surprise to see us shooting past. That thing sounds so sweet. :) Video and sound are spectacular, but the picture still hangs a lot on my old 1.25 GHz Powerbook though. Sound marches on, but Video freezes every couple of seconds and then leaps ahead a minute or so. :( Guess I just need a newer MacBook Pro to fully appreciate these vids.

9. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Frank,
    I'm working on a bug that has occurred that is prohibiting users other than admins to download .mov filetypes. Once I get that fixed, I hope you will download the .mov version and test that on your system. I believe that for Mac users, wmv files are a nightmare, and the .mov file will play much easier. Perhaps even smoothly? :)

10. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    I was able to download the .mov file and that was the one I viewed. I think it's just the speed of my processor and/or my video card. I can actually show you how it plays on my laptop at CC this weekend if you'd like.

11. BEnxD

BEnxD Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Hey, I see my car!

Too bad you didn't get the 2 M5's flying by. :(

12. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    OK, bug is fixed, anyone with a mac please download the new .mov file from the link above and let me know how it works. :)

Frank, thanks for the feedback. I guess the HD footage still requires a bit more CPU than you currently have. Still, I think it will help mac users in general. Hopefully I will get some feedback that will help me gauge the quicktime file's effectiveness.