Restaurant suggestion? | FerrariChat

Restaurant suggestion?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ndnguyen, Jun 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ndnguyen

ndnguyen Karting

Jul 27, 2005
    Any suggestion for a restaurant in the Portland area that has good food, live music (Jazz in particular), and elegant decor (French antique would be perfect)? Many thanks!

- Nguyen

2. Bruce McKinney

Bruce McKinney Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Tigard, OR
    Full Name:
    Bruce McKinney
    I beleive JAZZ de OPUS downtown would fill the bill. Don't know about the French antique part - but jazz, definately! Located at 33 NW 2nd. Call for music info at (503) 222-6077. Rated very high on the food scale as well.

Bon apetite!

Bruce

3. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
  4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Do they still do live jazz in the restaurant up in the US Bank tower (used to be Atwaters)? If so, I imagine that would fill the bill.

I remember seeing Leroy Vinnegar play up there... good times!

5. Garissimo

Garissimo Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    Regretably, Jazz De Opus is closed. It was a nice place when it was open!

For French food/ambience I would recommen Le Bouchon in the Pearl, the Heathman downtown, or Castagna on the east side. The Heathman also has live jazz on the weekends.

6. Garissimo

Garissimo Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    The top of the US bank tower is now called Portland City Grill. They have a live piano player from about 7:30 to 10:00 on the weekends. Still the best view in the city, though!

7. 2fst2c

2fst2c Karting

Jun 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    VR
    Mortons is a nice place, I think its in the coin tower building but im not sure. THeres also Ruthes steak house I think its on third near burnside.

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't believe no one mentioned Brasserie Montmarte! It should fill the bill in every way, and you can draw on the tables!

9. Argonaut

Argonaut Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The only live jazz restaurant I can think of is Wilf's in the train station. For French, I would suggest Fenouil in the Pearl, but no live music. I also have to give a plug for Park Kitchen, my favorite restaurant in town. It only fulfills the good food part, but you should give them a try. It was on the short list for restaurant of the year this year from the oregonian, and the chef was a food and wine 2004 best new chef of the year.

10. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My wife and I tried Wilfs a year or two ago, and were underwhelmed, to say the least. I think you can do much better, unless you specifically want the piano bar experience.

11. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Thats where I would go. I've only been there twice but I had a lot of fun both times.