Best NBA player in this group? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Best NBA player in this group?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kizdan, Jun 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who is the best all-around NBA player in this group?

1. Steve Nash

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Shaq

4. Dwyane Wade

5. LeBron James

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I just caught this. Garnett does not shoot 3's. He does have a mid-range jumper though.

2. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He can dribble, but I think Dirk is much better at dribbling and running with the ball. Garnett is pretty good though. He was the point for a bit when the Wolves were playing the Lakers in that Championship run they had.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He used to shoot more 3s, but for whatever reason he hasn't done it much. When they actually showed his games on TV, I saw him shoot at least a 1 ore 2 (at most) a game. I didn't mean like Walker where he takes 7+ a night, lol. But Garnett doesn't really have to since he can really do whatever he wants with the ball, haha.

Edit: Oh yea, I actually did send that e-mail out to the Magic to think about aquiring Garnett. I doubt anyone will read it, though.

Edit #2: Just check nba.com and Garnett took 30 3-point attempts last season. I was way off!

4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I thought he played for more teams, but 5 teams in 16 years isn't too bad.
    What I meant by 'motivation' is he seemed to not want to stick to any one team, but he was with Seattle for a long time, it's just the last 6-8 years he's moved around a bit.

Now, look at MLB's Todd Zeile (now retired), 10 teams in 15 years, WOW.

5. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Championship ring. I'm glad he finally got it, it's well deserved, same with Zo too. That's not to say the other players didn't put in either, but if you know basketball, then you know what I mean.

BTW, lot's of good b-ball talk here in this thread. Based off of Wades performance from this year I would say it goes to him. Much of what has been said about Kobe, Wade, and Lebron I'd agree with as well. I can't really say anything else that hasn't been said, the only thing I'd like to comment on is I think Wades D-game could be just a smidge better.

6. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It was towards the end of the year that he got traded to a bunch of teams. I think it went something like this: After the Bucks he signed with the Lakers. Lakers got blown up and he was sent to Boston in a trade, he got out of Boston and went to Atlanta. And from Atlanta to Miami. There were buy-outs somehwere inbetween there but i'm not sure of the details. That all happened in a span of 2-3 seasons!

On a side note, NBA draft tonight! No clear first 5 picks in this draft unlike years before. Also, Sebastian Telfair traded to Celtics for draft pick and maybe another player. Celtics were also working on a trade for Iverson! Let's see if there's any other trades tonight.

7. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Didn't Gary also do a stint with the Sonics???

8. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Of course! Before winning with Miami I basically still saw him as a Sonic. I left that part out because I figured most basketball people would know.

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, something like 9 of his first 10 or 11 years were in Seattle.
    Problem was he was about 15 years too late in being there...

10. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Definitely LeBron. Not that I am biased, originally being from Cleveland and all :D

Of course when I saw the title of this thread I was disappointed in that I didn't see some antiques listed such as;

-Julius Erving
    -Kareem Abdoul-Jabbar
    -Artis Gilmore
    -Bill Lambeer

et al, et al....

Cheers,
    Aaron
    '82 GTSi

11. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Ahhh yes, Bill Lambeer!!! To me, he will always be the true BAD BOY of the NBA!!!!

Everyone hated him, and I adored him! I used to watch his games just to seem him pi$$ people off & start fights. The man was a bulldog!!! He NEVER backed down from anyone!!! I also, in my early days, emulated his jump-shot style...

Ahh yes...Da' BEER!!!!!!!!!

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You guys see any players drafted lastnight that you'd want on your team? My favorite team, the Magic, got JJ Redick at number 11. I'm guessing he'll be a starter alongside Howard and Nelson. Not sure what the hell is still wrong with Grant Hill. He played for about 20 games this past season and I'm not sure why he stopped, but I didn't really care to see why, probably his ankle again.

If Grant starts with JJ, Dwight, Jameer, and possibly Hedo, that would be good. Looks like we'd have a Playoff team finally. Not sure what JJ can do shooting wise against taller guys. He's only 6'3" or something like that, not great on defense either.

13. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I wonder how good Hill would have been if he stayed healthy.

JJ is definately a role player. He'll benefit from the double teams of Howard and the assists from Nelson. Now the Magic just need a solid Center. Cato? Or maybe Darko will turn out not to be a bust! HA!

Note: Darko was picked #2. That's before Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh, just to name a few.

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    And WHY isn't Dirk Nowitzki listed here ?

LOL

15. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Ok - how will this list look now - a year later ?

16. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    + a bazillion.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    He choked on making the list too, eh?

18. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash

Just like Kobe is going to do in a few weeks.

19. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    He can do whatever he wants. He will be the Finals MVP too...... :):)

20. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    You think that because you love him don't you?

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No, I think that because you love him!

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The difference is: Kobe has PROVEN he can carry a team, Nowitzki has PROVEN he can't carry Kobe's jock strap.

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yep!

24. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    +100 Nowitzki is just a scorer. I dont even know if he has hit his prime yet. Dude is a choker. I dont know what's going to happen to Dallas. They need some damn changes.

If there was a new list, I would put Chris Paul at number one. That man is going to be sick.