San Diego: Lunch July 8th @ Bread Bites | FerrariChat

San Diego: Lunch July 8th @ Bread Bites

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 3forty8, Jun 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The original thread was getting confusing as different locations/dates were discussed - so we agreed to meet at Darrell's new restaraunt:

Bread Bites - check out the web site for map and menu
    July 8th @ 11:30 AM

Hope to see you there!

1) 3forty8 - 348 ts
    2) Bullfighter - 328
    3) DMOORE - 355
    4) markymark - 360f1
    5) omgjon - 360CS
    6) son of omgjon - 430
    7) LOUISR1 - 355
    8) GARY4RE - 355
    9) sinister007 -
    10) Jeff SD - Gallardo
    11) matteo - 308
    12) YOUR NAME HERE

2. GARY4RE

GARY4RE Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    La Jolla
    Full Name:
    Gary Peterson
    Look forward to seeing everyone there!

3. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    1) 3forty8 - 348 ts
    2) Bullfighter - 328
    3) DMOORE - 355
    4) markymark - 360f1
    5) omgjon - 360CS
    6) son of omgjon - 430
    7) LOUISR1 - 355
    8) GARY4RE - 355
    9) sinister007 -
    10) Jeff SD - Gallardo
    11) matteo - 308
    12) Frank4Cars - Canon 300D

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I was going to spend the weekend down there but it looks like I am going down just for the day. Anyone from LA wanna caravan down? Let's put the "T" back in GT!
    Leave SFV @ 8, home by 5
    I have an open seat if anyone needs a lift

5. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just realized a new thread started in regards to this right after I posted my "count me in" on the original thread.

Here was my original message:

As long as you don't mind another non-owning-Ferrari guy crashing the party, count me in. I just moved into the area from near Philadelphia, PA and currently live in Scripps Ranch so it would be great to meet some new people. I've been to Crystal Cove a half a dozen times and always admired the number of people who showed up. Would be great to get something similar going here in San Diego.

Kevin

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We hereby grant you permission to have lunch at Breadbites! ;)

7. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    can you edit my car please.
    Its a 360 spider f1 red/tan of course.

8. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Whoa, Frank's bringing his Canon 300D! (thought they were turbodiesels but what do I know)

This means we'll have a full color hardbound coffee table book about it...

9. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow! I think matteo has us all beat for longest distance travelled to attend this lunch. I'm going to drop by for dinner tonight to check the parking lot out - my hope is we can get all the generations of cars lined up which should make for some nice pictures. Frank takes great pictures - I can't wait to see how our cars look out the other end of his camera!

10. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Is there a lot of room to park? I'll try to be on time and help play traffic cop.

11. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Car is washed, waxed, fueled and oiled.

When I get there is will be dirty, dull, empty and dry.

12. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The spots right in front of Bread Bites are 20 min parking - but the row behind it has 12 prime spots which I'll try to hold for us in the morning. The row behind is better anyways as it will afford us a better view of the cars from the restaurant. My wife and I had dinner there the other night; good selection of menu items and quite tasty (don't pass on the garlic bread bites). See you all Saturday.

13. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Don't worry about the 20 min spots. They won't be enforced. Feel free to park right up front in the prime spots . Eric BTW, what night did you and your wife stop in? Hope everything was well for you two.

Darrell.

14. Jeff SD

Jeff SD Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    San Diego
    Would you guys be down for a cruise after lunch?

Cheers

J

15. Z400Central

Z400Central Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    DOH! The weekend you guys have a meet near-by, I'm up in the Bay Area for a wedding...

Have fun guys!!! Should have this meet again later on this month.

16. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Damn, I forgot this was our annual mooning day. I'll still try to make it. Maybe I can hit a later train. http://www.moonamtrak.org/

17. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well, life has its priorities, and we all respect your commitments to non-profit (I hope) endeavors like this.

On another note, looks like Matteo isn't going to be able to make it so we need another 308. Anyone in San Diego willing to step up?

18. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    NON-PROFIT? Are you kidding? The "donations" I get after these pics are posted pay my rent for the year! :D

19. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That sounds like a damn fine idea! Lots of decent roads in the area - we could roll up through Fairbanks Ranch, or out West on the 56 to the coast - lots of options from that location.

Darrell, I think it was July 3rd around 3 or 4PM my wife and I went over; those garlic bread bites are highly addictive, just a fair warning to our lunch crew!

Jon, I've seen an older gentleman in a rossa corsa 308 around Scripps Ranch Parkway and Poway roads a few times over the past year - no idea who he is or if he is on the board, but there is a 308 somewhere close by...

20. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I saw a red 308 filling up at the Mobil station on Scripps-Poway a year ago, before I had my car -- no idea who owned it, but it looked like a 40-ish, lanky athletic guy.

I've lived in this area for about 10 years, and apart from a few 360s, one 355 GTB (black) and a blue 456, I've seen bloody nothing other than minivans and Ford Explorers. Basically, I had to buy a Ferrari just so I could have a sighting in my own garage. And I've got so much crap in my garage that even now it's hard to have a Ferrari sighting.

See ya tomorrow! I'll see if I can push my tennis game back so I can go for a drive with you. Maybe a coastal photo op if Frank isn't busy mooning the trains?

21. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I guess I'll be the official photographer since frank4cars isn't going to make it. I'm no professional but I don't take bad photos either!

Anyone have an open seat available if there ends up being a cruise afterwards? I'd love to go along if there is.

See you all tomorrow,

Kevin

22. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I believe my wife, daughter and mother-in-law will be joining us for lunch in our "land yacht" (read: family mini-van) and my wife will probably want to visit with her mother after lunch since she is down from Canada. So I'll most likely have an open seat for the cruise in the 348; bring some sunscreen and wear light clothing as I plan on going topless tomorrow and it looks like it will be 86+ degrees.

23. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    LOL - What a dilemma - photograph about a dozen exotic Italian automobiles or several hundred hairy buttholes! Hope you can make it, but if not - enjoy the "red eye" express train! Frank, are you an observer or a participant (or both) for the annual moonfest?