1969 Camaro with 700+hp. | FerrariChat

1969 Camaro with 700+hp.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Fan512bbi, Jun 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #1 Fan512bbi, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    (from Baldwin-Motion)
    The soul-stirring two-seat SuperCoupe's hand-crafted steel body, penned by Kris Horton working with Joel Rosen and executed by Time Machines, Inc., Hudson, Florida, is functionally styled for maximum appeal and performance. Engine layout is front/mid and its aluminum big-block is set back 13 inches.

Fully tubbed and lowered, it incorporates a proprietary 2x3-inch tubular steel backbone/spine chassis running through the console and welded to the body. The result is an incredibly rigid platform, engineered for maximum performance.

Styling details include tastefully flared fender wells, widened rear fenders with functional brake cooling scoops and an extended hood with an L-88-inspired scoop. Finished in MOTION Red, the body is highlighted by traditional Baldwin-Motion badging and striping.

The prototype SuperCoupe is powered by an all-aluminum 700-hp Merlin/Motion big-block built by Bill Mitchell. The blueprinted and dyno-tuned 540-cubic-inch powerplant has a World Products aluminum block with 4.50-inch bore, 4.25-inch stroke and 4.840-inch bore spacing. Eagle 6.535-inch H-beam rods, forged crank and 10-to-1 forged pistons are utilized. The roller-cammed engine is topped off with a Cross-Ram fuel injection system custom-built by Jim Kinsler for the SuperCoupe. Polished alloy MOTION-badged valve covers are rare original NOS parts.

Powertrain details include a specially-prepared Tremec TKO five-speed and a fully-independent rear with a Dana 44 Posi and hardened steel high-torque axles. Suspension is four-wheel independent with polished unequal length control arms and toe-in control links and fully adjustable coil-over shocks and sway bars. Steering is rack and pinion.

Stopping power is supplied by MOTION signature Baer Claw Extreme-Plus brakes with forged six-piston Sport calipers and 14-inch cross-drilled rotors front and rear. The SuperCoupe rides on Motion-inspired Bonspeed wheels.

The SuperCoupe's interior is completely hand-crafted and features a pair of unique Baldwin-Motion-logo, leather-upholstered six-way power seats, signature gauges, Hot Rod Air and hand formed dash and center and overhead consoles. Plus the latest sound and electronic entertainment systems from Sony.

Time Machines, Inc. coachbuilt the prototype Camaro SuperCoupe in its facility in Hudson, FL.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    ugly wheels !!!

3. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    meh, as a one off the SC is neat, but just doesn't do it for me. The turn key cars you can buy from them are marginal at best. For $180k there are numerous shops who will build you something that will eat those alive.

I would take this over one of those B-M camaros anyday.
    http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/forsale.php

4. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    You think they need to rethink the wheel offsets?

5. turbo6

turbo6 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    yeah that looks sick!

for 180k on that kind of car I cant believe people dont want to build their own and pick everything out even with help from a shop or gearhead friend. I guess they would rather write a check and have instant turnkey gratification?

6. Chino

Chino Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    I agree, the wheels have a "front wheel drive" offset look to them. I've never been a fan of the stainless steel braided radiator hose. They might have taken the idea from Big Red, that won a past Silver State Classic. Big Red had massive racing BBS wheels, looked really nice.

7. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    #7 ROGUE GTS, Jun 30, 2006

Red has won quite a few SS's. But even the wheels on it don't have THAT much offset. And he's running 18x13's all around.

Here's a pic I took at silver state a few months ago.

It's a pretty diverse group when it comes to building muscle cars. MANY people still love to build everything themselves. Not just spec it, but spend the THOUSANDS of hours building the car. It's not always about the $$$, heck FUEL is a home built project, but it still has $15k worth of wheels/brakes . And then there are guys like Charlie (owner of Mule/Malitude, etc.) who is more of a collector/check writer. Mark builds them, gets a ton of magazine coverage, hits SEMA, sells it (to Charlie most of the time lol) and starts on the next project.

There is a HUGE difference between a NICE car, and something the caliber of MULE, FUEL, 50/50, etc. These guys go way above and beyond what is even considered sane. Just take a peek at the custom cnc cut multi-link hood hinges on FUEL. Who puts 70 hours into some fancy billet hinges, stuff like that is what builds a TRUE $150-200k pro-touring car. Lots of chrome, a fancy hood, and some stickers from years past just doesn't cut it IMO. I personally think that BM car is about $100-120k overpriced.

Ok back to your regularly scheduled ferrari stuff :D

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    wheels are way off....................

9. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #9 TexasMike, Jun 30, 2006
  10. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Yeah thats SW's 69'. Pretty nice build from what I have seen. 540ish ci big block, DSE suspension, fikse wheels. Nothing too wild, but a great, reliable car you can drive darn near anywhere.

11. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    BTW, I took all the photos I posted above.

It's actually a 534ci GM Gen VI block

12. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I'm not a fan of the giant fender flares or anything the did with the body on the first car. The black Camaro though, now that is a beauty.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #13 WILLIAM H, Jun 30, 2006
    Sweet, I hope to finish my 68 Vette this winter, it has an alum 509 block w a NASCAR 4 speed trans, sidepipes, roll bar, harnesses etc

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    A buddy of mine had a 1500 HP Pro street Camaro in his garage...until he toned it down to (what is now) a much more managable 1100 HP! :)

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #15 darth550, Jul 1, 2006
    I found a picture.

16. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Yes SK's Camaro looks much better but dear lord those are nice cars. And that is a Gorgeous Corvette William!!

17. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Stunning car but if I wanted one I would rather go through exactly what parts and wanted, would want to be more involved with the build of the car, still stunning car....

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks, I want to repaint her in Lambo Monterey Blue :)