Would you drive 1600 miles in a newly aquired 355? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Would you drive 1600 miles in a newly aquired 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by J.P.Sarti, Jul 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I'm afraid that FerrariChat rules requires hi-res digital photos.

...you know, for proof!

2. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

I'll see what I can do, unless something changes between now and then this should be an interesting trip.

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    One thing for sure, in those tight quarters and with a wimpy a/c, you'll either love or hate each other by the time you get home. ;)

4. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

Just in case i'll have to make a mental note of all the greyhound bus stations on the way just in case I need to dump her off:)

5. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    Taking two high maintence women on a 1600 mile road trip is asking for trouble.

I say stay at home and enjoy one while your waiting on the other. That's like having your cake and eating it too.

Ship it

6. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I've sent out for several enclosed shipping quotes, they start at $1148 and go up to $1500, a decent one way flight is $335 for one person for next weekend somehting to consider as well, will see if I get a better quote for shipping, pushing 1600 miles in 2 days doesn't sound like the most enjoyable trip for 2 people the more I think of it especially someone you don't know well.

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Not too keep putting a downer on your cool trip mate. But im sure you can understand now why it would be alot easier to ship the 355? You want to push 1600miles in 2 days? In 2 days? Im assuming you have to get back to work or something? Or your passenger lady friend?? If you want that done in 2 days, if something happens......You are both sh*t outta luck. :) It will cost you around $700 for flights one way for you and your passenger, then add in the fuel bill(even though im sure money isnt really the issue) Give a few hundred dollars more and get the car shippped straight to your door....You wont be annoyed with your passenger and she wont be annoyed with you. Dont have to put up with average A/C. You will not break down(obviously) and you will not miss anytime from work/ect... if something happens along the way. 800 miles are big driving days. Stopping for fuel and toilet/food stops ect...not inlcuding doing it in 2 days mind you. :)

8. dreams_and_aspirations

Jul 15, 2006
    Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have no experience with driving a Ferrari that kind of distance (or any distance at all lol), but I did accomplish one of my life goals this spring when I drove my old '93 BMW nearly 10,000 miles in 67 days to see the country.

The only problems I had on the whole trip was having to learn the lesson that you need to keep a lot of spare windshield washer fluid and wiper blades in the trunk, and that 100 CD's just is not nearly enough (especially when half are your girlfriends).

Try and stick to major roads just in case you do break down, and your cell phone wont work. How bad of a feeling would it be to be sitting on the side of the road and not seeing another soul for hours?

If you do break down, keep one thing in mind, YOU NOW OWN A FERRARI! How could it end up that bad? (baring theft, fire, or accident)

9. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Definetly drive it. I'll be picking up an alfa romeo spider soon in montana which is about a 400 mile drive from their to my place. Cars are meant to be driven.

10. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    What kind of Alpha? Photos?

11. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Drive the car- and please give us the details..........

12. twoferraristom

Apr 2, 2004
    I bought my car in Tucson, AZ. I drove it back to Texas in September. What a fun trip! In fact, it was the highlight of my ownership so far. Make sure the cooling system and AC are up to par.Get lots of towing insurance just in case.
    Watch out for dessert dust storms. Good Luck!

13. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I bought mine two weeks ago and haven't gotten out of it. I've put on just under 1,000 miles and don't plan on stopping soon. Nothing like it. I've owned some great sport cars but once behind the wheel of this, I'm ruined. If you have to paint the bumper - so what. Just Do It!

14. Nova430

Nova430 Rookie

Sep 15, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    James Le
    i'd daily drive it and scrap it when im done with it =P.