July 30 Ferrari and Make A Wish Foundation | Page 3 | FerrariChat

July 30 Ferrari and Make A Wish Foundation

Discussion in 'Canada' started by audionut, Jul 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    #51 ferrariartist, Jul 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    dont really chime in much in here... hope to change that...

if you feel its a good idea i would like to donate one of my works to your list of silent auction goodies.
    They are acrylic on canvas with steel attachments (steel-cutting courtesy of my partner fellow F-Chatter Thor Zollinger) - about 30" by 24" are framed and wired and ready for hanging.
    Either the F1 or the GTO... if you agree with the proposition, i/we/everyone here can decide which...

GT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. chrisbill

chrisbill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    That F1 canvas is amazing! Great work.

3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Nice artwork....the patients in that is unreal....i personally like the F1.

4. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Thanks guys... i've gotten good feedback from the couple of shows i've had this new series in... i hope you get to see it at this event...

GT

5. vwdlr

vwdlr Guest

Apr 20, 2006
    Southern Ont, Canada
    Full Name:
    Darrin
    F1 looks great!! I will have to bring back up plastic :)

6. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Grant, I am so touched by your generosity! Thank you so much!!!

Please contact me at your convenience and we can get all the details straight!

Thanks so much!!!

Adrian 905-881-7109

7. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Can we get a roll up of cars attending ?

8. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Great idea! Can everyone attending please either PM me or reply here please as soon as you can. Thanks so much!

Adrian Low
    905-881-7109

9. solid car

solid car Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    sounds like fun, I think I will be able to make it. See you all there

10. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Newman - I don't think that's a bad question at all. Many events ( not this one I'm sure) are marketing events cloaked under the "charity" banner. Everyone shows up - gives all they can and the the big cheque is presented. The organizer gets the kudos and the receipts. There's a lot of of this going on. I give credit to Adrian for allowing people do give out right donations with a receipt - that adds credibility to his event.

As for the others - let me give you one example - a charity calendar asked for the car - sure - for a kids charity it is NEVER a problem - security/gas/delivery/insurance - we would gladly take care of anything. But hang on - the photographer is charging for his service - so is the printer - only the car is the freebie......does that sound right? That leaves only a small % of calendar sales going towards the charity. Charity comes from the heart and it comes from all.

Adrian has put a lot of work into this event - that deserves credit and give credibilty but you can't fault anyone - especially someone that has raise big bucks for charity to occasionally question. I wish him great success and look forward to being there.

Nika
    Heart & Stroke Foundation spokesperson - Top Toronto Fundraiser Mother Daughter Walkathon 2005 - no receipts to me - just to all of those that donated.

11. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low

Nika, THANKS SO MUCH for your message and encouragement! When we first thought about this, we were concerned about the potential scepticsm and possible negative connotations. So we have tried to do everything we know how, to make this a genuine and heartfelt event. I guess it is a form of validation that ALL of the suppliers we approached have donated something for the event, and none have even asked about the tax receipts!

I was talking with a client who had been thinking about buying a home theater system in September. When I mentioned the fund raising event, and that portions of the profit will go to the charity, he bought immediately. I was so encouraged and touched!

Finally, to all here who have PM'd me privately, thank you for all your support. The kids are the ones who will ultimately benefit, and you will have the wonderful knowledge that you have made a difference.

I will post more details about the silent auction prizes later. Please consider bidding, all proceeds from the silent auctions and raffles will go to the foundation!

THANKS!!!!!
    Adrian Low
    905-881-7109

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    This has nothing to do with where your heart is Paul, it's made available by the government so why not take advantage? It's a tool in order to help charities raise more money and an acknowledgment that everything is on the up and up. You have no idea how much volunteer work I and others do so pleese keep your God given ability to read my heart to yourself...

13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    You are the only one that asked for one, LMAO.

Good luck Adrian, wish I could attend, sounds like it will be a success.

P.

14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am actually a 90% chance of coming now! The family trip has been moved so I am trying to get my friend to get us down there :D

15. solid car

solid car Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    I was going to attend but my wife reminded me that we are taking the little guy to see Thomas the choo cho train on that date. I was looking foward to seeing and meeting alot of the guys with the same passion, but I guess it will have to wait................

16. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Looks like I may be popping by afterall .....if James keeps his promise with his Diablo that is. Is that cool Adrian? I asked if he can participate with his car takin people out etc. He is ok with that.

Now I just gotta make sure he comes out. ;)

See you there (Hopefully)

V..

17. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    I'm sorry, I must be dreaming. Are you sure you were sober when you wrote this Vasco? I think I read that you will be COMING TO AN EVENT? This can't be rite, I hope you are ok.

haha it will be nice to finally meet you! Looking forward to seeing James' 6.0 as well.

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Dont hold you're breath Lucas....im not....when i see him in the flesh, im asking for ID.

See you Sunday.

19. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    LOLLLL Common guys.... He might actually show up :p

20. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    I've seen him before, but your right....I never thought to ask for ID! It could have been a Vasco imposter! I was pretty drunk anyhow..... ;)

I'll see you guys on Sunday!

21. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    You're right Steve, I "Thought" I met Vasco, but it could well have been an imposter! :D BTW we gonna meet up again and go together with the Rickster?

22. imcarthur

imcarthur Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I'll be there from 11 am assisting Adrian. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Sans Pcar though, as it's up on jackstands for summer holiday projects. This week I've rebuilt 2 front calipers, replaced front flex brakelines, painted the Fuchs centres & fixed a parking light issue. Tomorrow I'll bleed the brakes & clutch, re-adjust the valves & buy 2 tires. Then a quick height adjustment & home alignment Sat & Mon & I might even get to drive it next week sometime.

Ian

23. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Sounds like a plan to me...of course, we should at least ask Rick before we use his home as a springboard. :)

It is well situated though, particularly for this event....

What say you Rick??

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Yup, you and Jay are always welcome to come by.

Good idea, Vickie should be attending with me as well.

Noon time ?

25. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Event's shaping up to be a really wonderful and exciting experience! More exciting donations have been made, including Grant's amazing 3-D Ferrari art (must be seen! Regular value of $600, minimum bid of ONLY $150!)

There are prizes and raffles for all budgets, including toys from only $10! Some of the staff have been buying the toys and donating them to the Foundation for distribution to the kids...helium balloons for a loonie...buy them for your kids, or for your better half...hotel package from Hilton...dinner for two at a great restaurant...digital projectors valued at $8000 minimum bid of $500! Ian's company also donated a digital projector, I cannot remember the minimum but it's less than the one I just mentioned!

Gift baskets for family and friends at $15 only! Collectible toys like Ninja Turtles from $10!

Great opportunity to support an incredible cause, and win some wonderful prizes.

I will post more updates tomorrow.

Weather looks to be cooperating, so please show your support.

BTW, thanks to all who have confirmed that they are coming with cars...we have a full house!!! My heartfelt and deepest thanks to you all.

Adrian Low
    905-881-7109