going to find MOM | Page 9 | FerrariChat

going to find MOM

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AntonyR, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    Antony, are your plans all set? Did you get a friend to go along on your trip to England? Have you been exchanging lots of e mail with your family?

Wishing you the best!
    Janet

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Frank, if there's one thread on this entire site in which you should abstain from acting like ****** - it's this one.

3. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    I thought I was following the story pretty well up until this point - so both Anthony and his (her) mother have had a sex change?

Congrats Anthony. Great story!

4. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    Reading this thread was some of the most rewarding 15 minutes i've ever spent online.

Antony, please, please, please keep us updated. This is an exciting/emotional time for you, and if anyone can help you through it, the amazing people on this forum can.

Best wishes to you!

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, I was adopted at 1 day old and was raised by a wonderful family that I have always consideerd my mother and father. I have never had any interest whatsoever in finding my biological parents. I have always figured that if they had wanted to see me they wouldn't have given me up for adoption or would have at least tracked me down early in my life. To look up a biological parent who voluntarily failed to contact the child for decades is just asking for emotional pain IMHO as that so called parent will almost certainly abandon them again...

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Would you agree that your opinion is just that, one opinion? Your experience, or others for that matter, has no validity on what could happen here in this case, with these people.

Further, it appears his family has reached out to him and does want a relationship. I would think knowing clearly that your mother doesn't want a relationship with you might be easier to deal with then not knowing, if that ends up being the case.

You should just hope for the best, as the rest of us do............

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It appears to me they did nothing to find him until he found them...

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Even if that was the case, which isn't the way I see it........... They did do something now didn't they? They could have done nothing.

9. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Did you even read this thread? I read in two different places where he (they) mention they had been looking for him also.

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Frank... Congratulations on being adopted 24 hours after coming into this world... I imagine your adopted parents are very proud of the successful person you've become...

But we should not discuss unknown variables of one of myriad scenarios in a thread that has spawned so much hope - and obviously results - for Antony... If you read the entire thread, there is a clear indication that Antony's family has been searching for him for quite some time - as he recently stated, they were looking in a country he never inhabited (or hasn't inhabited for a long, long time)...

Such baseless comments that essentially scream "don't waste your time", are rude, and, considering the content of the rest of the thread, are very out of place... Despite how you feel and your own situation with your own family, you should encourage Antony and wish him the best...

Just because your biological mother gave you up at birth - probably due to the highly evolved forethought that you'd look down your nose at any Ferrari with less than 12 cylinders :))) - doesn't mean that's the case with every other dispersed nuclear family situation...

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

just be happy that Antony and family are reunited. God knows , there's enough hate in this world.

12. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    we want video, we want video!!!!!

sorry jumping the gun......

cherish this moment, alot of people have tried to reunite with family and have been heart broken......

Everyone here should believe in the spirit of this thread....it brings hope to people regardless of the situation or circumstance.....that anything is possible, even after 23 years.....

13. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    for the kind words.

I am in the works of going to the UK office here in LA (as soon as I find it) to get my British passport renewed. My father offered to buy me the ticket for the beginning of September to go surprise my mom and half sister. We have been exchanging pictures and emails back and forth (my grandparents)

Apperantly they have been looking for me and I would not have found them if they had not posted that little thread about looking for me. I am excited to see her and look forward to it. I have to go get my damn passport now!!!

As of now the trip is set for Sept. 6-12. If you UK guys are around let me know. Ill be staying in my grandmothers flat...if I dont get a hotel. I have not found a friend to go yet but have offered to pay for one to come. Everyone has to work..lol

Antony

14. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I will try my hardest to come see you if possible during your stay.

15. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Antony, I have just picked up on the thread again I do not really know what to say except congrats, I myself have been reunited with 2 of My Children who I have had no contact with for around 8 years and it has been a truely wonderful experience, believe Me when I say how much I wish the same thing for You.
    Dave

16. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    This is amazing Anthony, Mate I am really happy for you. I am in Oxford (grew up in outside seattle) which is about an hour and bit from London, but if you want to have a look around this city, I will be more then happy to show you around and do a possible pub crawl. :) If your interested just get in contact with me, and I will PM you my contact info.

And dont listen to certain members on here trying to discredit this search, they seem to have unresolved internal issues about this.

17. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    This may be hard to belive but I cancelled my trip to London. I am too busy with all my work to make it over there. I am going to try to make it soon though

Antony

18. hkw

hkw Rookie

Sep 11, 2006
    Antony. Hi, I was looking on the net and found this thread of yours. A truly touching read. The reason I was looking? I live oposite your Mum Carol. She was telling me about the surprise on friday, and I thought I would see if I could find some pictures of you for her. And thats how I found this thread.

Carol is a lovely person, kind, happy, and Sara is nice too. You have a very nice family here. Carol has spoken of you often and I have seen the photos of you in her lounge. A very cute 3 year old!

Carol can't wait to meet you! She has no phone line, that must be why you couldn't trace her on many of the websites. She only has her cell. Of course that means she has no internet conection. So if you want to send a message or anything I will be glad to help and pass it along. I can give you my email if you wish.

I hope you make it over soon!

Helen, neighbour to Carol...!

19. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Helen-
    Thanks for responding. I spoke to Carol and Sara Friday for the first time. I have been talking to them since via phone and text. My email is aradbod at gmail.com

Antony

20. mum_and_sister_of_antony

Sep 12, 2006
    Where do I start... This is Antony R's Mum (Carol) and sister (Sara).
    We'd like to thank everybody who helped Antony in his quest to find me and now Sara.
    It is much appreciated as we have been looking for him for the past 20 years.
    For all those people out there who thought we wasn't interested, you are so wrong but for all that helped we thank you dearly for your time and effort.
    Now wait for the next chapter LOL.
    Thanks you again,
    Carol & Sara XOX

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That comes as a HUGE surprise... I hope all is well.

22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Get on a plane Antony. Tomorrow's not guaranteed to anyone. Best of luck Antony, Carol, Sara (and Helen).

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    come on antony get on a plane as this thread has been going for a long time and post some piccys of you and mom together

24. mum_and_sister_of_antony

Sep 12, 2006
    #224 mum_and_sister_of_antony, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Well you two, I have met your respective brother / son on several occasions. He is truly a nice warm hearted gentleman that would make you both proud. I hope you all the happiness in your efforts to reunite.

note: The Internet is a very interesting place. Just think, 5 years ago this would not have been possible....