selling my 05 Continental GT | FerrariChat

selling my 05 Continental GT

Discussion in 'British' started by G-force, Aug 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    #1 G-force, Aug 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

Can I ask why are you selling it?

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Dont really use it or rather don't have the time to use it.
    My twin turbo Gallardo gets ALL my attention.

4. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Are the GT's fun to drive or are they just big and soft? They always looked like a bit of a kick, obviously not on par with your TT Gallardo but still could get out of their own way. Or, does the wood trim and cushy inside just kill the whole feeling?

5. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    vaneered door panels? what wood? any services? what date did you purchase it? original owner? additional pics? my dad is waiting for 2 aston martin v8 vantages, one for him which will be a flip, and one for my brothers wedding gift, but we can give him a bentley gt because fits our past history with automobiles. oh yeah, i just learned my grandfather once owned a 1930's bentley speed 8! how cool! back to the bentley, the price is a little steep for a 05 can we do $140,000?

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

You seem to have a thing for AWD VAG products, Wayne.

7. jplayer521

jplayer521 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I will tell you one thing right now the bently gt is dropping its a soft car but as a side note the car is AMAZING. I love driving the car, I love the sound system, I love the power, I love EVERYTHING about the car. to me the price is well worth the 155. We have on on my lot with less miles and a diffrent color that we are 155 OBO but willing to take less. We are trying to move it as the prices are dropping down SOOOOO fast. Soon wholesale prices of that car are going to be exreamly low so you deff picked the right time to sell. Let me tell you anyone that drives the car will spend the extra 10k on it! Good luck with your sale and I will keep you in mind if anyone comes in looking for a silver bently

8. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    You must be in sales. :)

9. jplayer521

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I sure am in sales thats why I didnt say the exact miles and color that we have as I have already been told once that I am not allowed to speak about any cars that are on my lot. I dont know what the diffrence is between a guy with one car trying to sell it or me with 50 cars but I will stick to the rules.

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Just curious... didn't your post #7 violate the rule as you state it?

edit: IMO there is a difference between someone representing a business and a private person posting. perhaps some would think it's small, but still a difference IMO...

11. jplayer521

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    no because I didnt state the miles, the color.... maybe I shouldnt have stated the price but I was not trying to sell my car I was trying to help him sell his.

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Gotta call BS.

You say you have the same car (sic) with less miles at the same price and willing to take less $$, yet you claim you are trying to help the OP to sell his car...

Somehow I dont think he found your post helpful.

13. jplayer521

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Lets just say he has a much better color both inside and outside. I often do get people who want that combo but dont have the car for them. I have a book full of names of people who may want this car and since I saw the post I have called them stating that I know of one for sale. Becase mine is less money does not mean that his should be less. Just like a red/tan ferrari will always me more than a black/black.

14. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm sorry, but I've got to side with Simon on this one. If you were simply trying to help with the sale of this car, there would be no need for you to mention a similar car that you had for sale at your dealership (let alone specifically mention that you'd take less money and that it had less miles).

My bet is that you saw VK430gt's post and are fishing for a buyer.

15. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    You're definitely too high on that pricing, even as a starting price.. The local dealer has four(4) in stock right now. Two are black (one w/tan interior and one w/black) and two in emerald (one w/tan interior and one w/black), two have 3K miles and two have 8K miles, they are 2005 & 2006 models. Pricing starts @ $125K....and I'm sure that pricing is definitely negotiable.

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

I'll take car selling @ $125k tomorrow. What's the details? Their number? What dealer?

17. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Not a problem, Kenny. That is, AFTER I look them over and decide if I'm gonna negotiate for one. I will happily forward you, via PM, the info you're requesting. I don't want either Emerald one. I need to check the pricing/condition of both black ones first. Should be able to do that no later than the weekend. You WILL hear from me.

18. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Thanks Marq. Give me a call (914) 844-8799 when you get a chance. I've put a few thousand miles spread between two seperate GT's and have a ton of experience with them..

Recent Manheim pricing:

08/22/06 FAAO Regular $120,000 23,393 Below SILVER 12G A No
    08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $126,500 17,767 Avg SILVER 12G A Yes
    08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $121,000 20,730 Below BLACK 12G A No
    08/10/06 MANHEIM Regular $127,000 18,178 Avg GREEN 12G A Yes
    08/08/06 FAAO Regular $123,000 18,935 Avg BLACK 12G A Yes
    07/27/06 MANHEIM Regular $133,500 4,230 Avg CYPRESS 12G A Yes

19. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Fine, I'll give you a call at the number you posted. You'll hear from me no later than the weekend; whether I get a chance to check the cars out or not.

20. jplayer521

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL IM GETTING BASHED FOR POSTING MY CAR WITHOUT COLOR AND MILES AND YET THERE IS COLOR MILES PRICE ANNNNNND PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER DEALER!!!!!!!

21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No, the guy is trying to help the other guy buy a B-CGT.
    And to me, it didn't look like you were getting bashed, its just the way you presented the infomation made it look bad.

22. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    my dad doesnt buy cars from florida anymore. he bought a countach in 1987 from a dealer in florida and he was told 1,000 miles, but he got it with 15,000 miles and tons of dents, bad interior condition, and bald tires. he got rid of it within a week.

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Relax....

1. No phone number to another dealer was posted....
    2. Even if there was,... do you comprehend the diffrence between a private party giving a reference to a dealer, and the SALESMAN posting the info?
    3. And as you said in post 9... you have been told not to discuss cars on your employer's lot... you did that.

24. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    i think yall should take your differences to pm, your ruining wayne's thread...

nice car btw...

25. jplayer521

Feb 22, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jason
    1. numbers were exchanged
    2. I do comprehend but at the same time I am not a salesman at the dealership
    3. I was told not to post direct links to the cars, I was told not to metion the name of the dealership and the specific information on the car. I did not mention any of that but at the same time other cars, dealerships, colors and miles were discussed.

I am not trying to get into an argument with you Simon or anyone else. Infact I have a good rep with a lot of the florida guys on this forum and I will one day for sure meet you seeing as who you are in florida.