Joe's Twin Turbo FGT movie full length | FerrariChat

Joe's Twin Turbo FGT movie full length

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by FerrariF50lover, Sep 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
  2. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Great video Nate...thank you for posting!!

3. ssmith2k3

ssmith2k3 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
  4. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    wow, great vid and organization on the clips/segments...My wife was grinning ear to ear also....Can't wait to see future vids or his "bigger" motor he's planning on.

5. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    AJ, Hows your car? Did you get the blower mod and the wheels done yet? What I love about the car is it was basically the first of its kind this guy had guts to put laughing gas and actually race the car.

6. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Haha... he got spanked by a better driver on a bike... and now he's crying for a bigger motor ^_^

7. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Getting beat by a low 8 high 7 second highly modded and built busa is nothing to cry about. That wasnt even in there though he smoked the GSXR1000. He is also on the stock engine so it will be good for companys to see what they can do with the 5.4.

8. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    not to mention that the Busa also had the air/hydro shifter...you lose little to no time between gears/rpms...also the fact that straight-aways are the Busa's forte....either way, sweet ride and video....

9. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    Ershank, Do you know the specific mods the Busa has? Thanks.

10. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The Busa was 1398 CC's most likely bottle fed or turboed or perhaps both stretched frame. They were both drag bikes with air shifters. Were comparing some track only machines to a car thats driven quite a bit.

11. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Probably a lowered front and rear, extended swingarm, quickshifter, turbo, and other bits. Usually people that have enough money/drive to turbo their drag bike start adding some carbon fiber bits too. I just think it was comical when he was nearly crying at the end of the video because he wasn't the fastest in a street race. And no, it's not impressive at all that he beat a literbike with his car. Bikes are much harder to drag race, and since he's doing the bull**** 75mph roll ons he's taking advantage of the whole "bikes have the drag coefficient equivalent to a parachute" thing.

7 second Busa? Suuuure. Maybe mid 8 for a turbo busa with a PROFESSIONAL rider. Mid 8 car? Who cares? They're a 1000:1 in comparison.

Next Level Racing / Larry Laye
    AMA Prostar West Coast 8.07 second 1/4 @ 183.21 mph - SBS Turbo Hayabusa 1/4 MPH -Record Fastest Hayabusa

So it's impressive he bought a FGT, then paid a shop to do the work for him, made a self glorifying movie about his "accomplishments(?)" and then cries at the end how he needs to blow even more cash to beat some thug on a busa...

But whatever. Even though he had a distinct advantage in that race, it's his money. He should be allowed to offset his lack of skill with more engine if he wants to.

edit- Also, saying the bikes are for straight line only? What do you think that car is, especially with that driver? Thought so. And turbo'd busa's are driven quite a bit too (infact probably much more in comparison to this weekend only garage queen). We can really see a car enthusiast that dumps $ into the "ultimate street rod" and then probably only drives it on the weekends, at night, during street races- racing his higher skilled lower budget opponents who could probably care less if he wins as long as they have fun... Except he has to document his wins and cry when he loses ^_^

12. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Maybe a manually shifted busa but there have been faster. Ive seen a street legal busa run a 8.00 @ 190 at Milan on a saturday with a turbo on a very small nitrous bottle or maybe an air bottle for the shifter who knows. The guy who was riding it had two of them both trailered there and when he was riding he never put his feet on the pegs. Also not to go from what I see on tv but pinks did have to high 7 second busas that were both street legal race. I dont know if the car will hook up much lower then 75mph. I didnt see him crying either. Like I said theres no shame in losing to a 7 second machine. This isnt a fair campro its apples to oranges my friend.

13. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Yup, and bikes hook up so much better below 75. Stay off the crack thanks :)

14. Paul Vincent

Apr 3, 2004
    Well, then I guess they'll just have to go for top end.

15. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Pretty impressive! Great quality vid too!

16. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Note that I said the Busa, NOT every bike....Put a Busa against a R1 or GSXR1000 in the corners with the same skill level rider and see what happens. The Busa has a longer chasis vs some other street bikes and is also a lot bulkier than most...Relax, it was just my observation...Still awesome to see him beat some of the others raced. I'd like to see the actual vid of the race. Curious to see if the bike lost him immediately on the line or if it was all top end.

17. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    "the" not "that". I was referring to Busa's. Of course they're not race bikes, they're "sport tourers".

18. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Great Video!
    I actually watched 18 min of it (I think)

19. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The end is the best part with various races and a heck of a close call at the track.

20. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

ah cmon! I gotta watch it all over again?

Is there a way to fast forward it?

21. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    i was skipping through it and going back to certain parts with no problems....

22. Limeade

Limeade Karting

Mar 20, 2006
    Funny vid, the quality was great. However I think some of the other people in the thread made valid points...

1. He didn't do ****. He payed for a car, and then payed for the work. He deserves no credit.

2. Going crazy over the power he is making cracks me up. I mean its big power, don't get me wrong. But its going to be a sad day for him when he figures out that 1000 whp isn't all that crazy anymore, even less special if you can't put it down. Are there not awd TT 911's putting down 900hp?

3. Its been done before, TT'ing big engines has been done for years. Vipers have been doing it for years, with much more torque. Now doing it on stock fuel systems is pretty cool, but on a stock block, eh kind of cool. The new cobra uses an Iron block version and should be able to handle quite a bit more.

4. Sounds like he wants to be cool instead of being fast. First thing he should note is that being a great driver will add to your times a lot quicker then just dumping money into a car for more hp. Also why not a large single turbo setup? Does TT sounds cooler? I mean all he wants to do is drag, so a single turbo setup would be awesome. Only reason I ask is because I think GT35r are put on STIs, so I figure he could handle a tad more.

5. All this, and all he wants to do is street race? And on top of that I bet he really can't handle that car, hell I doubt a really seasoned driver could handle it. So why in the world is he taking it down roads with peolpe on them going 170 mph? Take it to the TRACK, not my way home. I just can't think of what I would do if he blew past me at 210 mph with my family in the car.... most likely catch him at a stop sign, rip him out of his car, beat his ass, and then make him watch as a set his car on fire........... lol, no but really think about it, getting hit at 150mph is instant death, much less 200

23. Paul Vincent

Apr 3, 2004
    I've read that the Ford GT's block is good for 2000+ hp (this was on SVTperformance.com earlier in the year). Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

24. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    yeah...

25. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Twin turbos have quicker spool vs a large single. Twin GT35R's fit his car the best or atleast at this point Rember this car is a test bed and theres only a couple of them not like turbo vipers. They race at 2 am in thr morning and who walks down the eway at 2 am? The viper engine has also been out for a lot longer then the 5.4 dohc. 1012rwhp on 24lbs of boost yeah thats a big deal for a 5.4. A viper engine is a freaking 8 litre and there still stroking them to 522's vs a little 5.4. He does deserve credit for being a wealthy man for having the balls to do something to a car that no one else had thought of.
    1000rwhp in any car is impressive are you kidding me? What do you drive thats so much faster and better?